1. 97X Freebie Weebie: The free concert series on Friday brings indie pop's Lovely the Band (Broken) and the duo I Don't Know How But They Found Me to Jannus Live. Tickets are available at ticket drop locations. Visit bit.ly/2DrFNNn for details. Gates open at 7 p.m. 200 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
2. Florida Mermaid Festival: Florida's most famous celebrities, let's face it, are the Weeki Wachee mermaids. This two-day festival celebrates their history with a huge play area for children, an array of food and craft vendors, live bands, kayak competitions, a mermaid costume contest and dragon boats on Sunday. Proceeds will benefit the Friends of Hernando County Parks and Recreation. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. Linda Pedersen Park at Jenkins Creek, 6300 Shoal Line Blvd., Hernando Beach. $5 admission. thefloridamermaidfestival.com.
3. Marc Broussard: He's only in his 30s, but soulful Southern artist Marc Broussard is the headliner for the first free AARP Rocks show at the Ritz Ybor in Tampa. Three local bands will compete for a chance to win $5,000. Broussard, the son of acclaimed Boogie Kings guitarist Ted Broussard, has attracted a loyal following thanks to the authentic and painfully raw songwriting on his 2017 album Easy to Love. 7 p.m. Friday. 1503 E Seventh Ave., Tampa.
4. Bloom-N-Chalk Fest: This weekend is the 11th year Safety Harbor invites artists to draw on the streets and sidewalks of its downtown with chalk. There will also be live entertainment, vendors and a kid's garden for chalk art. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. 750 Main St., Safety Harbor. Free.
5. Clearwater Comic Con: The sixth annual comic convention will have artists, a costume contest and nearly 50 guests and vendors. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday. Clearwater Public Library, 100 N Osceola Ave. Free. (727) 562-4970.