1. Tampa Train Day: The event at Tampa's Union Station commemorates the 150th anniversary of the golden spike — the ceremonial final spike to join the rails of the first Transcontinental Railroad on May 10, 1869. The historic Tampa train station will have history exhibits, model train displays, live music and food trucks. Free. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. 601 N Nebraska Ave., Tampa. (813) 445-3493. tampaunionstation.com.
2. LibCon: Library fans meet comic book fans at this celebration of comics, anime, manga, sci-fi, fantasy and the world of fandom. The day includes special guests, cosplay contests, a Super Smash Bros. tournament, art contests, trivia, tabletop gaming, kids crafts, face painting and robotics demonstrations. Free. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W Bearss Ave., Tampa. (813) 273-3652. hcplc.org.
3. Tampa Riverwalk Food and Art Festival: Centered around Water Works Park, more than 80 vendors will be lined up on the Riverwalk with a collection of food, art and crafty gifts for sale. Free. 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday. 1710 N Highland Ave., Tampa. (813) 451-7936.
4. Luzcid: The trippy, electronic DJ and Bassnectar collaborator performs a free show for those who RSVP on the Facebook event wall. 10 p.m. Friday. The Ritz Ybor, 1503 E Seventh Ave., Tampa.
5. Stargazing in the park: Local Pasco astronomers host this stargazing event. Bring a telescope or use one of group's. Free. 8:30 p.m. Saturday. J.B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10550 Wilderness Blvd., New Port Richey. (727) 255-3083.