If you’d rather start 2019 with a bang and a pow than a Champagne toast, there are several ways to see fireworks at midnight Monday — and even one show at a more friendly time for the kids.
• Clearwater Beach: Fireworks will be shot off Sand Key for a midnight display that can be seen along all of Clearwater Beach.
• Apollo Beach: Circles restaurant in Apollo Beach once again brings a large fireworks display at midnight. Boaters often motor over to the east side of Tampa Bay near Sun City Center to watch the show. The waterfront restaurant is at 1212 Apollo Beach Blvd. Free. (813) 641-3275.
• Downtown St. Petersburg: First Night St. Petersburg is on its 26th year of providing a family-oriented party that includes two fireworks shows, 8 p.m. and midnight in Straub Park at Beach Drive and Fifth Avenue NE. See firstnightstpete.com for a schedule and more.
• Rocky Point: With Mario Lopez returning for a second year as host, the Pied Piper Productions party will have its own fireworks display over the bay at the Godfrey Hotel, 7700 W Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa. $29-$59. (813) 265-1234. piedpiperproductions.com.
• Cruises: There are fireworks cruises on the river in Tampa and along Clearwater Beach in Pinellas. Boarding at 10 p.m. Monday, see Yacht Starship, 603 Channelside Drive, Tampa, and also 25 Causeway Blvd. Clearwater Beach. $149.95-$199.95. (813) 223-7999. yachtstarship.com. Also Tropics Boat Tours, 25 Causeway Blvd. Clearwater Beach, has a three-hour cruise boarding at 9:30 p.m. Monday. $50. thetropicsboattours.com. (727) 442-7433.
• Harbour Island: The city isn’t having a fireworks show this year, but American Social and Jackson’s Bistro, both on Harbour Island, will put on a private show. There’s prime viewing for ticketed partygoers. $55-$150. eventbrite.com.
• Downtown Tampa: Armature Works is hosting a private midnight fireworks display over the bay for its party at 1910 N Ola Ave., Tampa. $185-$250. nyeaw.com.
• Busch Gardens: The Tampa theme park will run rides until 1 a.m. with fireworks in Gwazi Park. 10165 N McKinley Drive, Tampa. (813) 884-4386.