SCORE VOLUNTEERS RECOGNIZED: Pasco Hernando SCORE, historically known as the Service Corps of Retired Executives, recently hosted its annual Holiday Recognition Luncheon to celebrate clients, sponsors and community partners, as well as its volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to help small businesses in Pasco and Hernando counties. This year, three volunteers were recognized for exemplary service to SCORE:
The 2018 Mentor of the Year, Richard Bonnett, had more than 100 client encounters, far exceeding the average. Bonnett serves on the executive committee and works with clients to secure loans. He joined the chapter five years ago.
Pasco Hernando SCORE’s 2018 Seminar Presenter of the Year is Jack Grise, who presented 35 seminars in 2018. Grise serves on the executive committee, mentors, presents seminars and is the organization's outreach chairman.
The 2018 Volunteer of the Year is Sam Paladino, who serves on the executive committee, mentors and is the seminar chair. Paladino is recognized as always being available to provide thoughtful assistance and advice. He has dedicated 10 years of volunteer service to SCORE and the small business community in Pasco and Hernando counties.
HOSPITAL WELCOMES NEW FOOD & NUTRITION DIRECTOR: Oak Hill Hospital announced the appointment of Paul Evans Jr. as its new director of food and nutrition. Evans is a certified executive chef and certified personal trainer. He comes to Oak Hill Hospital from Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota, where he served as director of food and nutrition services and executive chef. Evans is a graduate of the Academy of American Culinary Arts in Lakeland, where he graduated the top of his class. He is enrolled in Pasco-Hernando State College, working on his bachelor's degree in healthcare management. His professional achievements include Tampa Bay Chef of the Year in 2004 and 2010, America's Cup Champion in 2009 and 2010, and other awards.
NEW HEALTHCARE NETWORK GROUP: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has a new networking group, Healthcare Monthly Networking Connection, which will have its first meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 8 at the Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. The speaker is Katie Stacy from Oak Hill Hospital. The cost is $15 for preregistered members, $20 for guests and members not registered. Register online at hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. Like the Facebook page ChamberConnectB2B.
DOWNTOWN BROOKSVILLE NOW: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Downtown Brooksville NOW will meet at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9 at Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. The speaker is Barbara Manuel with WWJB Radio. Representatives from Visit Florida and Brooksville Main Street will give updates. This group meets to discuss growth in the downtown Brooksville area, connect and build business relationships throughout the community. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER COMMITTEE MEETINGS: The following Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce committees will meet at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697, unless otherwise noted:
• Marketing Committee, 8:30 a.m. Jan. 9.
• Technology Committee, 8 a.m. Jan. 10. Call Rocco Maglio at (352) 614-8697.
• Networking Committee, 8:30 a.m. Jan. 10.
• Diplomat Committee, 4 p.m. Jan. 10.
• Operation Outreach Committee, 9 a.m. Jan. 15.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Skyshadow Photography, 8 a.m. Jan. 9, at Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Emilio "Sonny" Vergara, (352) 279-0729.
• Arbonne, noon Jan. 9, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Aleksandra Tarnowska, (352) 232-9403.
• Rock Your World, noon Jan. 16, 16909 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Cat La Munyan, (727) 375-6995.
• Consolidated Financial and Tax, noon Jan. 22, 3257 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Call Whitney Roberts, (352) 688-4990.
• Compass Retreat, noon Jan. 24, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Randy Moore, (406) 546-7578.
• RMR Wealth Builders, noon Jan. 30, 13156 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Rob Pacchiarotti, (352) 556-4834.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 8. Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Start a new Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Developing a Board for Nonprofits, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Jan. 10, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Small Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.