DOCTOR INVITED TO CHINA TO FACILITATE COURSE: Jeffrey Huang, M.D., program director of HCA Anesthesiology Residency at Oak Hill Hospital, and program director of HCA Transitional Year Residency at Oak Hill Hospital, recently was invited to help implement a training course for anesthesia professionals in China. Dr. Huang is a professor at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and serves on the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation committee on education and training, and on the American Society of Anesthesiologists committee on international collaboration.
HEON NAMED MARKETING ASSOCIATION CHAIR: Tammy Heon was recently named Chairman of the Board of the Florida Association of Destination Marketing Organizations. Heon is the Manager of Tourism Development for Florida's Adventure Coast, Brooksville-Weeki Wachee. She has served many positions on the board of directors since October 2015, including CEO director, secretary, treasurer, and vice chair.
"This is a well-deserved recognition of the many valuable contributions Tammy has made to our organization," said Steve Hayes, past chairman of the FADMO board of directors and executive director of Visit Pensacola. "She has a unique perspective of the tourism industry that provides a tremendous advantage. This knowledge, combined with her keen leadership skills, will help position the association for continued positive growth into the future."
The Florida Association of Destination Marketing Organizations serves as the single unifying voice for all of Florida's destination marketing organizations, providing insight and direction as we face new challenges marked by an increasingly competitive tourism marketplace.
OPERATION OUTREACH COMMITTEE: This committee of the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will meet at 9 a.m. Jan. 15 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER MIXER: The next Off the Clock Connections mixer will be at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 17 at Nature Coast Wealth Management, 5323 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. There will be food. There is no cost, but an RSVP is encouraged. Visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING: The monthly membership meeting of the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will be at 7:15 a.m. Jan. 23 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane. The speaker is Eileen Rodriguez with the USF Small Business Development Center. Sponsored by Rock Your World. The cost is $15 members, $20 guests at the door. Preregistration requested. Call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
ASK AN EXPERT: The Young Professionals of the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's "Ask an Expert" networking group will meet at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 17 at the Chamber, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. The speaker is Angel Anderson of Smarketing Results. RSVP to (352) 796-0697 or hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Rock Your World, noon Jan. 16, 16909 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Cat La Munyan, (727) 375-6995.
• Consolidated Financial and Tax, noon Jan. 22, 3257 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Call Whitney Roberts, (352) 688-4990.
• Compass Retreat, noon Jan. 24, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Randy Moore, (406) 546-7578.
• RMR Wealth Builders, noon Jan. 30, 13156 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Rob Pacchiarotti, (352) 556-4834.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Apply for a Small Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 5, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Feb. 5, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Also 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking opportunities• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.