ACCESS WINS AWARD: Access Health Care Physicians was recognized as the 2018 Telly Award winner for the local TV category in General Fitness, Health and Wellness. The award was for the company’s commercial spot entitled “Jenny’s Mom.” The award honors film and video productions, web commercials and local, regional and cable TV commercials. The commercial can be viewed online at vimeo.com/256853651.
EMPLOYERS WANTED FOR JOB FAIR: Employers are wanted to participate in Opportunity 2019 Hernando County Job Fair, from 9 a.m. to noon April 4 at Pasco-Hernando State College North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville. The event is presented by PHSC, CareerSource Pasco Hernando, the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce and Hernando County Office of Economic Development. Local employers can promote open positions and future positions, and meet with job seekers from the community, as well as PHSC students seeking employment. Priority will be given to employers with open positions in Hernando and Pasco counties. For employer participation information, contact Breanna Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 797-5174. Job seekers can preregister for the event at opportunity2019phscjobfair.eventbrite.com.
7-ELEVEN GRAND OPENING: 7-Eleven will host a grand opening celebration from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 27 at its new store at 1281 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. It is also the day the store officially opens to the public. There will be a fresh food sampling, free coffee and Big Gulp drinks, and $1 hot dogs. Radio station 99.5 QYK will be on site from 1 to 3 p.m. There will be face painting, balloon animals, games and activities.
FREE HEALTH LECTURE: A free lecture, “Your Health Begins in Your Gut,” will be presented at 6 p.m. April 9 at Get Healthy Brooksville, 1254 S Broad St., Brooksville. The speaker is Dr. Michael Murray, a natural doctor, author and chief science officer at Enzymedica. He will discuss the connection between gut microflora, digestive health and total body wellness. There will be raffles, door prizes and free samples. Space is limited. RVSP to (352) 796-9798.
CHAMBER NEWS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Monthly membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. March 27 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. The cost is $15 for members, $20 guests. Preregistration is strongly recommended; RSVP to the chamber at (352) 796-0697 or hernandochamber.com.
• Hernando Home Show, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 30 at the Shoppes of Towne Square Mall, 3021 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. There will be everything for home and gardening needs, from realtors to cleaning companies, cabinets to flooring, and even lawn care. Community partners include Keller Williams Realty Elite Partners, the Beaches to Ranches Team and Discount Garage Doors. The show is free to the public. For information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 2, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 8, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 10, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 16, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking opportunities • Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.