NEW FORESTER: The Florida Forest Service, Withlacoochee Forestry Center, welcomes its new county forester, Matthew Stevens, to the Brooksville office. Stevens grew up on a small cattle farm in upstate New York. He received his bachelor's degree in forest resource management at the State University of New York's College of Environmental Science and Forestry at Syracuse. He worked as a procurement forester in central New York, as well as with the State of Alaska Division of Forestry. As a county forester, Stevens can help with disease and pest problems, tree identification, advice for pruning, tree removal and fertilization, and more. Those with forestry-related questions can contact Stevens at (352) 797-4130 or email@example.com.
ASSISTED LIVING ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP WINNER: The Florida Assisted Living Association has awarded a student scholarship to Jennifer Doyle of the Residences at Timber Pines, so she may further pursue a career as a registered nurse. The Residences at Timber Pines is a senior living and health care community in Spring Hill. The Florida Assisted Living Association provides advocacy, education and regulatory support to its members, more than 650 assisted-living facilities and adult family care homes, and nearly 300 associate members who provide products and services. To learn more about the annual scholarship, visit fala.org/foundation-scholarship.
SKINTASTIC GRAND OPENING: Skintastic Med Spa will host the grand opening of its new 5,000 square-foot facility on April 26 at 250 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. A ribbon-cutting will be at 11:30 a.m. Refreshments will be served after the ribbon-cutting. Visitors can meet the staff and see the facility. Med Spa, established since 2011, offers services such as Botox, chemical peels, laser hair removal, Juvederm, microdermabrasion and more. The company-now also offers bio identical hormone replacement therapy. For information, visit myskintastic.com or call (352) 610-9900.
ZAXBY'S GRAND OPENING: Zaxby's restaurant at 31015 Cortez Blvd., near Ridge Manor West, will have its grand opening on April 29. The 3,900-square-foot, farmhouse-style restaurant will have seating for 70. The first 100 guests will receive a "Fanatic Pack" filled with 52 deals. Another Zaxby's location is under construction at 837 Broad St. in Brooksville;, which is expected to open in May. For details, visit zaxbys.com.
CHAMBER MEETINGS, EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following meetings and events. Registration and information can be made by calling the chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visiting hernandochamber.com:
• Advancing Your Mission — Nonprofit Workshop, 8 to 11 a.m. May 2, at Pasco-Hernando State College, Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Building B, Spring Hill. The speaker is Margarita Sarmiento, president and founder of ITK Consultants. This free workshop is open to all businesses interested in advancing their mission with tips, tools and information to impact the community and produce results. Call the chamber to register.
• 45th-annual Student Recognition Celebration, 6 to 9 p.m. May 23, at Heritage Pines Country Club, off County Line Road, Hudson. The banquet recognizes the top 5 percent of high school students, in categories such as academics, community service, career and technical, entrepreneurship, leadership and the arts. Students in both private and public schools in Hernando County will be recognized. Scholarships also will be awarded. To sponsor the event or provide a scholarship, contact Lindsay Cacciatore at the chamber or visit hernandochamber.com/pages/student-recognition-banquet.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 6, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants, 4 to 5:30 p.m. May 7, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Financing Opportunities with the SBA, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 21, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638. Networking opportunities • Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.