LOCAL LANDSTAR OWNER HONORED: Landstar System, Inc., recently presented its Business Capacity Owners Lifetime Achievement Award to Art Trezise at its annual BCO All-Star Celebration on July 2. Trezise, of Spring Hill, is a Landstar 3-Million-Mile Safe Driver and Landstar Roadstar. Since leasing to Landstar in 1979, Trezise has driven more than 3.5 million miles without incident. He was a 1-Million-Mile Safe Driver in 1993, reached 2 million safe miles in 2001 and was honored as a 3-Million-Mile Safe Driver in 2012. Landstar honored 176 independent owner-operators for their outstanding safety records Landstar is a trucking company, is a worldwide provider of integrated transportation management solutions.
FUNDRAISING NIGHT: Those who dine at Texas Roadhouse from 3 to 10 p.m. Aug. 1 can have 10 percent of their total food purchase donated to Animalade Inc., a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping abused and neglected animals, rescue organizations and animal shelters, as well as therapy/service animals. Those who dine at the restaurant during the event, located at 12935 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, must present a flyer or mention the fundraiser for Animalade Inc. to the server. For information, call (352) 701-1107 or email to email@example.com. Visit the website at animalade.org.
SENIOR COMMUNITY EARNS BRONZE AWARD: The Residence at Timber Pines senior living community has been recognized as a 2019 recipient of the Bronze Award for its commitment to quality by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living. The distinction is the first of three progressive award levels through the association's National Quality Award Program. The award will be presented during the organization's 70th Convention and Expo in Orlando in October.
ACCESS WELCOMES PHYSICIAN: Access Health Care Physicians welcomes Melitza Lopez Valle, MD, to its staff. Dr. Lopez Valle will practice at the main Access office at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. She comes to Access from Puerto Rico, where she has practiced medicine since receiving her medical degree in 2007.
DOCTORS RECEIVE RECOGNITION: Access Health Care Physicians announces the following doctors have achieved renewed recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Program:
• Javier Gonzalez, DO, and his team at 1194 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
• Husam Abuzarad, MD, and his team, at 11373 Cortez Blvd., Suite 300, Spring Hill.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 5 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.