THIRD FLORIDA CRACKER KITCHEN TO OPEN: Florida Cracker Kitchen is opening its third restaurant and taproom. It will be located in the San Marco neighborhood of Jacksonville. The original Florida Cracker Kitchen on East Jefferson Street in Brooksville, was opened more than six years ago by owners Blair and Ethan Hensley. Two years ago, the second restaurant and taproom opened in Jacksonville, located off northern Beach Boulevard. The San Marco restaurant and taproom is expected to open by early 2020. It will feature a restaurant with staple Florida Cracker Kitchen dishes, a taproom, patio seating and an area that sells Florida Cracker Trading Co. merchandise.
TRANSFORMED TREASURES MOVING: Transformed Treasures is moving. The last day at its current location on Liberty Street is Aug. 24, and it will have a soft opening from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 27 at its new location at 770 E Jefferson St., Brooksville (formerly Peace Tree Trading Post). Light refreshments will be served. The business, owned by Mike and Diana Burmann, specializes in shabby chic, antique and unique furnishings. A ribbon-cutting and official grand reopening celebration will be on Sept. 6.
DOCTOR JOINS ACCESS: Angie E. Layme, MD, has joined the medical staff of Access Health Care Physicians at 52350 Spring Hill Drive and 2173 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. Dr. Layme comes to Access from Tampa Bay Family Clinic, where she performed outpatient primary care and preventative medicine in the area of critical need for geriatric population. She is fluent in Spanish and English.
CHAMBER MEETING: The Greater Hernando Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly membership meeting at 7:15 a.m. Aug. 28, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane. The speaker is U.S. Rep. Daniel Webster. The sponsor is WellCome OM Integral Healing and Education Center. The cost is $15 members, $20 guests. Preregistration ends at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 26. Call the chamber at (352) 796-0697.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following ribbon-cuttings:
• 808 Island Treats, noon Aug. 24, in the chamber parking lot, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Michael Romeo, (808) 291-3629
• Premier Marketing, noon Aug. 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Rich Linkul, (352) 232-4580.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 3, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. This class will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson; and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at SMARTstart East Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 15029 14th St., Dade City.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey. It will also be offered 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Utilizing YouTube for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Land O' Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 17, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Opportunities in Franchises, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
AMERICA'S DAY 2019: Global Jetcare, which recently was awarded Best International Air Ambulance - USA and the 2019 Top Florida Companies to Watch, has partnered with "America's Day 2019!" to host a patriotic celebration for Hernando County children of all ages on Nov. 2 at the Global Jetcare facility at Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport. The free event will include educational and aeronautical activities, music, a parade, free food, prizes and kid-friendly speakers. There will be essay and poster contests on American history and civic involvement. There will be prizes and scholarships awarded. Kids can learn about the right and privilege of voting with a mock voter registration and mock election. Other America's Day 2019 Partners include: Regis and Jody Andrews, founders of VASAYO Brand Partner; Bob D'Andrea, founder of Christian Television Network, and his wife Jane; and Denise Ledbetter Mintz, president of Women for Trump Hernando County. The event chair is Jody McLeod Andrews. For information, contact Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org or (321) 368-2249.
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the fifth-annual Hernando Untapped: Craft Beer and Wine Festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15 at American Aviation Flight Academy on Helicopter Drive, Brooksville. The event is presented by Carter Foreman Attorneys at Law and Global Jet Care. The event will feature more than 30 breweries, wineries and distilleries from throughout the region, live music with the Mark Anthony Band, food trucks, vendors and local merchants. This is an adult-only event for those 21 and older. The cost will be $35 for general admission, $75 VIP and $15 for designated drivers. For sponsorships and vendor details, contact Melissa Kehler at (352) 593-9979 or visit hernandochamber.com. Networking opportunities • Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.