7-ELEVEN GRAND OPENING: A grand opening celebration will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the new 7-Eleven store at 13495 County Line Road, Spring Hill. Meet 7-Eleven franchisee Deep Gill, who will meet and greet neighbors and customers. A ribbon-cutting will be at 11 a.m. There will be free food samples, free coffee and Big Gulp drinks, and $1 hot dogs. There also will be face painting and balloon animals for children, as well as games and activities. Radio station 99.5 QYK will be on site from 1 to 3 p.m.
CHAMBER EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following meetings and events. For details and registration, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
• Let's Do Lunch, noon June 21 at Texas Roadhouse, 12935 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Meet the chamber's new associate, Melissa Kehler, director of programs.
• Monthly membership meeting, 7:15 a.m. June 26, at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill. $15 members, $20 guests, payable at the door. Preregistration ends at 4:30 p.m. June 24.
• Social Media Day, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 28, at the chamber office. This will include hands-on learning experiences to help refocus, give clarity and direction toward getting better results, and will include educational sessions, a business owner panel on social media marketing and a question-and-answer session. Lunch will be provided by Culver's of Brooksville. Tickets are $40.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have the following ribbon cuttings in June:
• Cellular Sales — Verizon Wireless, noon June 26, 4160 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Call Anthony Izzo, (352) 573-8686.
• Keller Williams Realty — United Home Group, noon June 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Dawn Rye, (352) 251-6929.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 22, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Business and Professional Women: Networking starts at 5:30 p.m. June 25, followed by dinner and a meeting, at The Bistro, 10 N Main St., Brooksville. A presentation, "How to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone," will be given by Linda Christian, an animal enforcement officer with the Hernando County Sheriff's Office and owner/operator of 100 Acre Wood Wildlife Rehabilitation, Inc. Dinner cost is $20 for BPW members, $25 for nonmembers. Reservations required; contact Amy Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.