BUSINESS BLITZ CHALLENGE: United Way of Hernando County is hosting its fourth Business Blitz Challenge, with "challenger" Spherion Staffing Services. Throughout the month of June, Spherion Staffing Services is matching dollar-for-dollar contributions up to $5,000 from all local businesses who pledge their support to United Way's Community Investment Campaign. Business benefits include: free advertising throughout June; Facebook recognition featuring business logo and website; and a spotlight on United Way's Facebook Live; promotion through local radio and print; a United Way Community Partner window cling and more. To participate, pledge to Live United by contributing any dollar amount. Donate online at unitedwayhernando.org/challenge; mail or drop off contributions to the United Way office at 4028 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34606; or donate through PayPal at PayPal.ME/UWHernando.
HOSPITAL RECEIVES 'A' FOR PATIENT SAFETY: Oak Hill Hospital has been awarded an "A" from the Leapfrog Group's Spring 2019 Hospital Safety Grade. The designation recognizes the hospitals' efforts in protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care. The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit organization committed to improving health care quality and safety.
CHAMBER EVENTS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following meetings and events. For details and registration, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
• Technology Committee, 8 a.m. June 13, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Contact Rocco Maglio, (352) 614-8697.
• Networking Committee, 8:30 a.m. June 13, at the Chamber office.
• Diplomat Committee, 4 p.m. June 13, at the Chamber office.
• Technology Committee — Tech on Tap Social, 6 p.m. June 14, at Rookies Sports Bar and Grill, 3095 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill.
• Women in Leadership Summit, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 14, at the Frank and Carol Morsani Center for the Arts, 21030 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Hosted by Live Oak Theatre Company. There will be workshops focused on women empowerment and leadership strategies. Held in partnership with Business and Professional Women Hernando County and the Junior Service League of Brooksville. Sponsored by Saint Leo University and Hernando Adult Education. The keynote speaker is Meredith Masony, founder of That's Inappropriate. Tickets are $50 and include a continental breakfast and lunch.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have the following ribbon cuttings in June:
• Cellular Sales — Verizon Wireless, noon June 26, 4160 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Call Anthony Izzo, (352) 573-8686.
• Keller Williams Realty — United Home Group, noon June 27, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call Dawn Rye, (352) 251-6929.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 11, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 12, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Basic QuickBooks, 4 to 5:45 p.m. June 18, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking opportunities • Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.