ACCESS DOCTORS RECEIVE RECOGNITION: Access Health Care Physicians announced that two practices have achieved recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program:
• Manjusri Vennamaneni, MD, whose practice is at 5350 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 688-3379.
• Mark Denner, DO; Ivan Diaz, MD; and David Miller, DO, whose practice is at 10200 Yale Ave., Spring Hill. Call (352) 597-1960.
RIBBON CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will conduct the following ribbon-cutting ceremonies:
• Noon, May 7, People Helping People, 1396 Kass Circle, Spring Hill. Call Doug Brainard, (352) 442-1156.
• Noon, May 8, Compassion Care CNA, 12575 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Vicky Wright, (352) 606-3127.
• Noon, May 9, Regions Bank, 7165 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. Call John Grecco, (352) 596-3532.
NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK: National Small Business Week will be celebrated in Hernando County May 5-11, hosted by the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce. This week-long event is to strengthen the community by supporting local small businesses. Local merchants will offer special deals and coupons to celebrate this fun-filled week of support. The Chamber encourages shoppers to take selfies at their favorite stores/small businesses, along with the staff, and post the photos tagging #SmallBusinessHernando and #HernandoChamber. For information, visithernandochamber.com.
STUDENT RECOGNITION CELEBRATION: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the 45th-annual Student Recognition Celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. May 23, at Heritage Pines Country Club, off County Line Road in Hudson. The banquet recognizes the top 5 percent of high school students, in categories such as academics, community service, career and technical, entrepreneurship, leadership and the arts. Students in both private and public schools in Hernando County will be recognized. Scholarships also will be awarded. To sponsor the event or provide a scholarship, contact Lindsay Cacciatore at the Chamber, (352) 796-0697, or visit hernandochamber.com/pages/student-recognition-banquet.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 6, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants, 4 to 5:30 p.m. May 7, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Financing Opportunities with the SBA, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 21, Land O' Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking opportunities • Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317. • Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697. • BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776. • Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749. • Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef 'O' Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435. • BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
Contact Phyllis Day at email@example.com or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.