Records through Wednesday
1. Lakewood (18-3): Losing Kasey Drayton (thumb injury) for the season doesn’t help, but the Spartans still have enough talent to make a playoff run.
2. Clearwater (22-3): Tornadoes rebounded from a loss to Lake Worth by beating Palm Harbor University. PCAC final against Lakewood on Friday awaits.
3. Boca Ciega (19-5): Pirates will likely get a third shot at Lakewood in the Class 5A-12 district tournament.
4. Calvary Christian (21-3): Warriors have won seven straight after a loss to Harmony in the IRC Holiday tournament.
5. Tarpon Springs (15-5): Spongers are the top seed in Class 6A-10 and could make some noise in the playoffs.
6. St. Petersburg (15-10): Green Devils have had some tough games down the stretch, including Lakewood, Florida A&M and Bradenton Southeast.
7. Palm Harbor University (17-8): Hurricanes have been downgraded to a tropical storm lately, but the Ingram sisters, Megan and Kaylin, continue to play well.
1. Gibbs (18-3): Has won 15 of past 16 games, including wins over rivals Boca Ciega and Lakewood in the past week.
2. Largo (16-5): After a slow start, the Packers have regrouped with wins over state-ranked Wharton and Boca Ciega in the past week.
3. Boca Ciega (15-5): Three straight losses, including two against foes Gibbs and Largo, have the Pirates struggling for answers.
4. Seminole (16-3): Beat St. Petersburg for the first time in three seasons to secure No. 1 seed in Class 7A-10.
5. St. Petersburg (14-7): Losses to Countryside and Seminole the past two weeks knocked the Green Devils out of the top spot in their district.
6. Lakewood (13-8): The offense is great, but the Spartans need to step up defensively after blowing leads in losses to Bogie, St. Petersburg and Gibbs.
7. Shorecrest (19-3): Wrapped up No. 1 seed in Class 3A-9 with win over Admiral Farragut last week.