Her are cancellations, closures and postponements announced in the wake of Tropical Storm Eta:
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit suspended all bus routes, the TECO Line Streetcar and HART SMART AV service beginning at noon Wednesday.
- To insure the safety of animals and team members, ZooTampa closed at noon Wednesday and will remain closed Thursday.
- The opening of the Westshore Plaza Carnival, 250 Westshore Plaza, has been moved to 5 p.m. Friday.
- All City of Tampa parks and restroom facilities closed at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
- All Hillsborough County Tax Collector offices will be closed Thursday.
- The Straz Center for the Performing Arts has canceled Thursday’s performance of Always...Patsy Cline.
- Hillsborough County COVID-19 testing sites will be closed Thursday.
- The Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners meeting scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled for Monday.
- Hillsborough County Solid Waste Facilities will be closed Thursday. All solid waste collections will be suspended until the next regularly scheduled collection day.
- The drive-through COVID-19 testing site at Tropicana Field will remain closed Thursday.
- Bandit Coffee, at 2662 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, will close at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
- The City of Largo will close the following facilities beginning at noon Wednesday: Largo City Hall, Largo Public Library, Highland Recreation Complex, Southwest Recreation Complex, Largo Community Center and The Narrows Environmental Nature Center. Facilities will remain closed through Friday morning. Also, solid waste will not be collected Thursday.
- The Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office will be closed Thursday.
- Bodega will close their St. Petersburg and Seminole Heights locations at 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- Early Bird Dinner Theatre, 13355 49th St. N, Clearwater, has canceled the 11 a.m. Thursday performance of The Kitchen Witches. Performances will resume Sunday.
- Wanderlust, the re-imagined Clearwater Jazz Holiday, has rescheduled the 6 p.m. Thursday performance. It will now take place at 6 p.m. Dec. 3.
- All St. Petersburg College campuses will be closed Thursday.
- Pinellas County parks will be closed to noon Thursday.
- The Pinellas County Solid Waste Disposal Facility will be closed Thursday.
- All City of St. Petersburg recreation centers remain closed Thursday. All programming and classes at those facilities have been canceled.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg will be closed Thursday.
- The St. Pete Pier will be closed Thursday.
- American Stage’s premiere performance of Kate: The Unexamined Life of Katharine Hepburn has been rescheduled to 8 p.m. Friday.
- FreeFall Theatre has extended Drive-In: War of the Worlds to Dec. 6.
- Pinellas-Pasco courts will be closed Thursday.
- The Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota will be closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- OneBlood has suspended blood collection in impacted areas. They are urging donors living in these areas to donate blood this weekend to help ensure a ready supply. Click givelife.io/tnc for locations.
• • •
2020 Tampa Bay Times Hurricane Guide
HURRICANE SEASON IS HERE: Get ready and stay informed at tampabay.com/hurricane
PREPARE FOR COVID-19 AND THE STORM: The CDC's tips for this pandemic-hurricane season
PREPARE YOUR STUFF: Get your documents and your data ready for a storm
PROTECT YOUR PETS: Your pets can’t get ready for a storm. That’s your job
NEED TO KNOW: Click here to find your evacuation zone and shelter