Here's what you need to know today:
• Typical summer weather rolls our way Tuesday with clouds early giving way to thunderstorms later in the day, according to WTSP 10Weather. Pack an umbrella.
• Nine months, $6 million, 750 seats, 16,000 square feet — the long-awaited Hofbräuhaus opens its doors today at 11 a.m. in St. Petersburg. But before you get spanked (yes, there is spanking), you need to review a few German beer hall rules and regulations. Read food critic Laura Reiley's primer on beer hall etiquette and German food here.
• Florida Senate and House leaders will hear about the state's long-term financial forecast — and take baby steps talking about spending priorities for next year — when the state's Joint Legislative Budget Commission meets at 3 p.m. in Tallahassee. Follow @stevebousquet for developments.
• The Pinellas County School Board focuses on its most troubled schools in a workshop Tuesday morning. School district staff will report on the recent progress of a "comprehensive reform plan" underway at five elementary schools whose test scores are among the worst in Florida.
• Greg Auman and Rick Stroud talk about the Bucs' 42-14 loss to the Titans and what's ahead Sunday in New Orleans. Check out the Cannon Fodder podcast every Tuesday morning this season.