The Lightning. The Bucs. The Rays. Tampa Bay’s teams are all playing Sunday, even though fans aren’t in the stands. As we tune in from home, team-themed specials are available at some area restaurants.
From doughnuts to victory pizza, here are some of promotions out there so far:
- The day after a Lightning victory, celebrate with Papa John’s by using the promo code “BOLTSW” to receive 50 percent off pizzas at PapaJohns.com or on the Papa John’s app.
- Tampa’s Dough, and its sister bakery Datz , are giving out free Lightning doughnuts after every win. Limit one per guest while supplies last. See datztampa.com.
- Try the Lightning Smoothie to enjoy a refreshing blend of banana, coconut, pineapple and lemonade for $2.99 on Tropical Tuesdays. Available at all 25 Tampa Bay area Tropical Smoothie Cafe locations.
- Get a free Double Stack with any purchase at participating Wendy’s locations for 24 hours after any game if the Lightning shut out the opponent or score four or more goals.
- All area PDQ locations are serving up a Buccaneers Shake for $5.12. It’s a red velvet shake topped with whipped cream and Oreo crumbles. Also, everyone gets a free Buccaneers car flag with any purchase while supplies last.
- Motorworks Brewing in Brandenton has released Go Go Gronkzilla Red IPA. The six-packs are available at their taproom at 1014 Ninth St. W on Bradenton. To celebrate the Tampa Bay Buccaneers addition of Super Bowl champion Rob Gronkowski, the beer is “passionately brewed with genuine New England tears and double dry-hopped with Azacca and Citra hops, imparting flavorful citrus notes and a firm bitterness that balances its rich, caramelly malt base, boasting a sweet malt character and snappy hop bite with a finish that evokes joy to all Bucs Fans' palettes.” You can order it online at motorworksbrewing.com/product/go-go-gronkzilla-red-ipa-6-pack.
If you know of other team related promotions, send them to email@example.com so we can add them to the list.