1. Children’s Board Free Tuesday: The Glazer Children’s Museum is free on the first Tuesday of every month. Due to the popularity of this event, the museum requires registration to limit the number of attendees and allow for social distancing. Free. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday. 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. 813-443-3861. glazermuseum.org/freetuesdays.
2. Pet Tribute Charm Bracelet: This could be a fun family project for people 12 and older. This “Make It, Take It” class will show you how to make charms to honor your pets. You can use your pet’s ashes, hair, teeth or other items, plus glass, flowers, beads, glitter and more, in layers of UV resin. A matching ring is included. $38, includes supplies. 6-9 p.m. Friday. Beach Art Center, 1515 Bay Palm Blvd., Indian Rocks Beach. 727-596-4331. beachartcenter.org.
3. James Museum: The James Museum celebrates its third anniversary by offering half-price admission of $10 for adults, $5 for ages 7-18. Age 6 and younger free. It has a treasure trove of Western art to explore, including sculpture, paintings and jewelry. The building itself conjures the American West’s natural canyons, with dramatic angled sandstone on its exterior and interior. The anniversary offer is only available in person at the admission desk. Good through May 2. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. 150 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. 727-892-4200. thejamesmuseum.org.
4. Train Rides: It’s free to climb aboard Largo Central Park’s railroad, an accurately modeled scale locomotive. It travels on a 1-mile loop through the lush park. Face masks are required while waiting in line, at the depot and on the train. Free (donations appreciated). 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Largo Central Park, 101 Central Park Drive.
5. Wiener Dog Derby: The Tampa Riverfest was canceled, but the Wiener Dog Derby that was to have been held there will go on anyway as its own event to benefit dachshund rescue groups. The day will feature races, raffles and adoptable dogs on hand, as well as contests, which are not limited to wiener dogs. There will be all-breed contests for best nose, best tail and “Bad-2-Da Bone,” which tests which dog can outlast the others in front of a tempting pile of treats. Go to floridawienerdogderby.com to register. 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday. Mary Help of Christians Center, 6400 E Chelsea St., Tampa.