1. Sunflowers: Visit HarvestMoon Fun Farm in Masaryktown, south of Brooksville, for a sunflower u-pick event on the weekends. You can pick flowers along their mazelike paths and also enjoy a petting farm, ball zone, hill slide, swings and tree house. There is a $10 minimum flower purchase per person over age 16 for the cash-only event, which runs through May 30. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. To make a reservation, see harvestmoonfunfarm.com. 15990 Stur St., Masaryktown.
2. SA’EY’AMA: The Power of Brass in the Kingdom of Benin: This display at the Sulphur Springs Museum and Heritage Center focuses on the ancient African empire of Benin, one of the inspirations for Black Panther’s Wakanda. Benin’s ancient bronze-casting techniques produced some of the most magnificent art of Africa, much of which was plundered by colonial powers. Masks and social distancing are required. Free admission, donations much appreciated. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Saturdays. 1101 E River Cove St., Tampa. 813-935-9402. sulphurspringsmuseum.org.
3. Big Bird Fly-In: The Hernando Aero Modelers remote control airplane club is hosting a fly-in on Saturday. Several large remote-controlled airplanes of various shapes, flight capabilities and colors will be on display and in the air. Some shaded seating is available, or you can bring your own lawn chairs. Food and drinks are available for purchase. It if rains, it will be held Sunday. $3, or $5 per carload. 9-11 a.m. Saturday on the field by the Cemex entrance, 16301 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville. 352-540-5532.
4. Sesame Street Kids Weekends: This is the last weekend families can enjoy spring-inspired fun at Busch Gardens with the Sesame Street gang. This week is Everyday Heroes Weekend. Guests will have a chance to join the Everyday Heroes Club by earning special badges for Bravery, Helping, Manners, and more. Police officers, firefighters and other local heroes will be honored, and emergency vehicles will be on display. In addition, there will be crafts, a springtime maze in Gwazi Field, dance parties and visits with animal ambassadors. Face masks are required. 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Busch Gardens, 10165 N McKinley Drive, Tampa. 813-884-4386.
5. Jazz on the Lawn: Gather family and friends and bring a chair or a blanket for a night of live jazz music on the lawn at St. James United Methodist Church. Parents can turn it into a date night by checking their kids into the Kidz Fun Zone (preschool through elementary only). Free. Food and drinks available for purchases. 6-9 p.m. Saturday. 16202 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa. 813-971-4790. stjamestampa.org.