Tampa Theatre Virtual Cinema: Tampa Theatre’s virtual film festival continues, with art house films available for streaming at home.
- CREEM: America’s Only Rock ’N’ Roll Magazine (75 min.): The 2020 documentary reveals the ups and downs of the Detroit-based music magazine. $9.99.
- Song Without a Name (97 min.): The 2020 drama tells the tale of an indigenous Andean woman whose newborn child is taken. $12.
- Out Stealing Horses (123 min.): In the 2019 mystery, two men realize they’ve previously met when they were teenagers. Filmed in Norwegian and Swedish with English subtitles. $12.
- Measure for Measure (107 min.): In the 2020 drama, a modern Muslim girl and a local American boy fall in love. $12.
- You Never Had It: An Evening With Charles Bukowski (55 min.): The 2020 documentary recounts a journalist’s encounters with the poet. $12.
- Jazz on a Summer Day (85 min.): The 1959 concert film features footage of performances from the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival in Rhode Island. $12.
- The Bay of Silence (95 min.): In the 2020 thriller, a man sets off on a frantic search across Europe in an attempt to find his family. $6.99.
- H Is for Happiness (96 min.): The 2020 family film tells the story of a 12-year-old’s attempt to bring her family back from the brink and regain happiness. $12.
- Martin Margiela: In His Own Words (90 min.): The 2020 documentary looks at the life and career of the fashion designer. $12.
- Checkered Ninja (83 min.): In the 2019 animation, a possessed ninja doll teams up with a teenage boy to avenge the murder of a poor child working in a factory. $12.
- African Violet (93 min.): The 2019 drama tells the story of what happens after a woman and her second husband decide to become caretakers of her first husband. $12.
- Desert One (107 min.): The 2019 documentary tells the tale of America’s secret mission to free hostages of the 1979 Iranian revolution. $9.99.
- Eternal Beauty (94 min.): The 2020 comedy delves into the downward spiral of a woman who is dumped at the altar. $12.
To see a list of all the films, go to tampatheatre.org. Film end dates are staggered through Oct. 8. Check the website for availability. Price varies by film.
Captured From Nature by Vanya Robinson: After relocating to St. Petersburg from Tucson, Ariz., three years ago, Vanya Robinson became inspired by the ocean. Seashells are the main ingredient in her new art. Each sculpture or piece of jewelry is a unique piece of art assembled of handpicked seashells from Florida beaches. View it at stpeteartworks-onlinestore.com. Free. 5-7 p.m. Saturday. (727) 738-8010.
Life During Wartime: Art in the Age of Coronavirus: A virtual exhibition expressing artist impressions of the current reality of the coronavirus. Find it at lifeduringwartimeexhibition.org. Remains on virtual display through Dec. 12. Free. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. daily. (813) 974-4329.
Neighbors: Slideshow for America: Numerous photographers present slideshows featuring U.S. communities that are underexposed during COVID-19. Find it at cam.usf.edu Free. 10 a.m. daily. (813) 974-5866.
Dreams of Dalí in Virtual Reality (at home): Travel through Dreams of Dalí using your home virtual reality systems. Go to thedali.org and download the tool that fits your device. Free.
Imagine Our Florida’s Virtual 5K: Run or walk at your own pace and on your own time. Sign up at imagineourflorida.org for the link to self-report your time. You can run on a treadmill, around the block or out in nature. You have until Dec. 31 to complete the run. $25. (727) 742-2029.
Save the Manatee Virtual 5K: Run, walk or bike your favorite course near home and receive a manatee T-shirt, finisher’s medal and race bib. Benefits Save the Manatee Club’s manatee conservation efforts. Sign up at savethemanatee5k.com. Donations appreciated. (407) 539-0990.
Running With the Rays: Run the equivalent of 3.1 miles at your own pace in any location you choose. Benefits the Rays Baseball Foundation and the Rowdies Soccer Fund. To register, go to raysbaseball.com/5k. Run ends Sept. 30. $50. (727) 825-3242.
Yoga as a Quiet Meditation: Certified yoga instructor Aileen Curtin leads an hour of quiet meditation. Find it on the First Unity Spiritual Campus Facebook page. Donations appreciated. 6-7 p.m. Monday. (727) 322-4610.
Mindfulness Meditation: Learn mindfulness practices to help reduce stress, focus your intention, gain happiness and improve your health. Tune in on the First Unity Facebook page. Donations appreciated. Noon-12:45 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday. (727) 322-4610.
Guided Meditation and Reiki Share: Janan Talafar and Mickey Sheridan lead a half-hour virtual guided meditation and Reiki healing from the comfort of your own home. Register on Eventbrite.org for a Zoom ID. $10. 7 p.m. Thursday. (727) 322-4610.
Kidspace: Kids can become scientific masters of the universe through this study of the sun, planets and moons. Register at bischopscience.org for a Zoom ID. Free. 10-11:15 a.m. Saturday. (941) 746-4131.
FRIENDS Virtual Dance Party: Special-needs families can burn off some energy with a virtual dance party via Zoom. Disney attire encouraged. Join at https://zoom.us/j/288231758. Free. 7-9 p.m. Saturday. (813) 245-2782.
Pants Optional Comedy Online Happy Hour: Comedians from Tampa Bay, Ohio and England make you laugh from home via Zoom. Rated PG-13. Click the ticket link at pantsoptionalcomedy.com for a Zoom ID. Free (registration required). 6-7 p.m. Wednesday. (813) 598-9653.
7th Avenue and Ybor II Trilogy: Tampa City Ballet presents a short dance film reaffirming the history of Ybor City’s endurance and perseverance through difficult times. Find it at artstampabay.com or tampacityballet.org. Free. 7 p.m. Friday-Sunday.
Friday Night Virtual Concerts: Find reruns of Francis Wilson Playhouse’s virtual Friday Night Concert Series at franciswilsonplayhouse.org. Performances include Stay at Home Cabaret, FWP Meets Laugh-In, Summer Holiday and Radio Days. Donations appreciated.
My Vote, My Voice, My Right: One City Chorus presents their song about the current state of voting in America. Go to their Facebook page to view it. Free.
Virtual Drag Contest: As part of an inclusivity outreach into the LGBTQ+ community, Come Out St. Pete is hosting a virtual drag contest for drag queens, kings, trans and non-binary. Winners get $250 in cash and prizes. Enter at ComeOUTStPete.org/contest through Monday. Free. Anytime Monday.
Flash Fiction Contest: The librarians at Barbara S. Ponce Public Library are hosting a flash fiction contest. Ages 8 and older are invited to enter a 1,000-word or less fiction piece based on a theme. Submission period is through Sept. 7. Winners receive prizes and get their work printed in a zine that will be distributed at the library. Visit https://bit.ly/bsplffc for details. Free. Anytime Monday. (727) 369-0669.
Photo Contest: Gulfside Health Services challenges area residents to capture photos of what Pasco County means to them. A maximum of five photos can be submitted for consideration for the annual calendar contest. To get more information or to submit photos, go to gulfside.org/calendar-contest. Free.
Voting Is our Voice Weekly Discussions: A weekly series of discussion on voting and democracy issues that are important to the Black community. Register at forms.gle/g4LnGPj6mriX1YP59 for a Zoom ID. Free. 6-7 p.m. Wednesday. (727) 323-1104.
Think+Drink/Science: Grab a drink and listen in as propulsion engineer Amy Besio talks about rocket designs and what it takes to escape Earth’s gravity. Register at bishopscience.org for a Zoom ID. $5, $3 members. 7 p.m. Wednesday. (941) 746-4131.
Virtual Book Club With the MFA: Join Bernadine Evaristo, the first Black woman to win the Booker Prize, for a discussion on her book Girl, Woman, Other. Find it at mfastpete.org. Free. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday. (727) 896-2667.
Virtual Coffee and Conversations: The Battle of Wahoo Swamp: Sean Norman, an archaeologist for the Gulf Archaeology Research Institute, presents the history and archaeological finds of the Battle of Wahoo Swamp. Call for participation information. Free. 7-8 p.m. Thursday. (352) 341-6428.
Save Villa Verdi: An informative session and fundraiser to save maestro Giuseppe Verdi’s original home in Busseto, Italy. This fundraiser is backed by the Sarasota Opera. Find it at Zoom ID 881 0929 6419 password SCAS. Donations appreciated. 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Learn to Draw: Shawn Dell Joyce teaches you how to see, identify and draw five values from light to dark. Pencil and paper required. To register, email email@example.com. Free. 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday. (727) 298-3080, ext. 1710.
Tampa Virtual Game Night: Sessions of virtual trivia, charades, drawing and other games. Find them on Let’s Roam’s YouTube page or at letsroam.com. Free. 5-11 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday. Toll-free 1-833-202-7626.
Origami Meetup: Virtually meet with other origami lovers to learn how to fold new creations. Go to paperseahorse.com or register for a free starter kit and meeting information. Free. 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday.