Tampa Bay Design Week brings designers, architects, community leaders and the public together to explore how design improves the quality of our lives. The following is a list of events happening April 5-10. Go to tampabaydesignweek.com to register.
- Historic Newman Cigar Factory Tour: Learn about the latest renovations to one of the few remaining cigar factories in Tampa – the J.C. Newman Cigar Factory. The company has recently celebrated their 125th anniversary with a special restoration project, bringing it back to its historic grandeur. $10. 6-7 p.m. Monday. JC Newman Cigar Factory, 2701 N 16th St, Tampa. 813-229-3411.
- Downtown Public Art Tour at Sunset: See two new Lights on Tampa installations and enjoy a tour of Cotanchobee /Fort Brooke Park, an example of how public art and history can be integrated into landscape architecture design. $5. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Sail Plaza, 333 S Franklin St., Tampa. 813-229-3411.
- City Dreamers: Outdoor Screening: Bring a blanket and grab a beer for an outdoor screening of City Dreamers, a film about our changing urban environment and the thoughts of four female architects on those changes. Admission is limited to allow for social distancing. $15. 7:45-9:30 p.m. Wednesday. Green Bench Brewing Co., 1133 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg. 813-229-3411.
- Seminole Heights Revival Tour: Put on some comfortable shoes and join a walking tour of historic Seminole Heights. The tour kicks off and ends at The Independent with snacks and light refreshments. The tour covers historic homes and churches as well as the iconic Hillsborough High School. $10. 4-5 p.m. Thursday. The Independent - Seminole Heights, 5016 N Florida Ave, Tampa. 813-229-3411.
- Cruising St. Pete Mid-Century Tour: Join this self-guided Saturday Cruise to check out St. Petersburg’s iconic Mid-Century Modern residential and commercial local treasures. This tour takes you for a drive through Historic Old NE, Snell Isle and the Pink Streets. Featured architects include William B. Harvard Sr., Sanford Goldman and Morris Lapidus.Register at tampabaydesignweek.com for a map. $20. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Self guided in St. Petersburg. 813-229-3411.