Now that the Tampa Bay Rays are eyeing the post-season playoffs with the second-best record in the American League, this weekend brings pop-up parties and yard-sign pickup locations to show the team some support.
The team already has an elaborate post-season section on its official website. Tickets for potential Wild Card Series and Division Series home games will go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. In addition, there are several opportunities for fans to pick up some swag this weekend.
The team will stage several “Postseason Pop-Up Parties” with free products and begin giving out free yard signs Saturday at locations on both sides of Tampa Bay.
Among the more creative opportunities to show support, the team and Poison Ivy Ink are providing free Rays tattoos on Monday starting at 2 p.m. at the shop’s St. Petersburg and Temple Terrace locations.
There will be exclusive promotional items and soft-serve Icees from Carousel’s. The giveaways include car flags, Randy Arozarena Boot can koozies, yard signs presented by Bayfront Health, and you can celebrate with Raymond and DJ Kitty.
Saturday, Sept. 30
- Bob Gardner Community Park in Lakewood Ranch, 2710 White Eagle Blvd., Lakewood Ranch. 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Hyde Park Village, 742 S Village Circle, Tampa. 3-4:30 p.m.
- Walter Fuller Park, 2800 75th St. N, St. Petersburg. 6:30-8 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 1
- Oscar Cooler Sports Complex, 770 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz. Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Dunedin Community Center, 1920 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin. 3:30–5 p.m.
Yard Sign Distribution Sites
Fans can pick up Rays yard signs presented by Bayfront Health as well as car flags at select partner locations during each business’ regular operating hours, while supplies last, beginning Saturday, Sept. 30.
- The Avenue, 330 First Ave. S, St. Petersburg.
- Chicken Salad Chick, 1221 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium, 249 Windward Passage, Clearwater.
- Coppertail Brewing Co., 2601 E Second Ave., Tampa.
- Crown Honda, 7671 U.S. 19 N, Pinellas Park.
- Kane’s Furniture, 6222 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa; and 4501 34th St, N, St. Petersburg.
- Suncoast Credit Union, 1022 Central Ave., St. Petersburg; and 2120 34th St. S, St. Petersburg.
To make your loyalty to the Rays fandom permanent, you can get a free Rays tattoo at one of Poison Ivy’s two flash tattoo events. The first 50 per location can select one of five available Rays tattoo designs. These events will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must be 18 years or older to receive a tattoo and provide a valid ID.
Planning your weekend?
Subscribe to our free Top 5 things to do newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
The flash tattoo events will be held Monday, Oct. 2 from 2-8 p.m. Tattoos will measure 2-3 inches and be available on arms or legs only. Flash tattoos are limited to one tattoo per person.
The artists advise that you should make sure to stay hydrated and eat before arriving. You are allowed to bring foldable/portable chairs to accommodate any wait.
Fans are not permitted to line up to receive flash tattoos until 1 p.m. at each location. Color and design changes are not permitted.
Poison Ivy Ink: St. Petersburg, 218 Fifth Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
Poison Ivy Ink: Temple Terrace, 9722 N 56th St., Temple Terrace.