Starting this weekend, Busch Gardens will have a new laser and fireworks show, as well as a lineup of “seasonal eats,” as part of Summer Nights, the annual summer party held weekends at the Tampa theme park.
There will be extended hours, with the park open until 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and until 9 p.m. Sundays from July 17 to Aug. 16.
The park has usually offered fireworks on the weekends for Summer Nights, but this year it is promising lasers as well, “in a physically distant setting ... with plenty of space to spread out on the Festival Field.”
On the pathway to the Festival Field, visitors will find food cabins and kiosks, similar to the ones from its spring Food and Wine Festival, selling a variety of summer-themed foods including:
- Gourmet hot dogs with specialty toppings.
- Barbecue classics: Kung Pao ribs, pulled pork and brisket chop sandwiches.
- Loaded mac and cheese featuring a choice of beef short ribs or the park’s popular “Boujee” bacon from the Food and Wine Festival.
- Pick-Your-Pack specialty cupcakes, including Chocolate Oreo Explosion, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Spiced Apple Salted Caramel, Chocolate Chocolate Chip S’mores and FUN-Fetti Delight.
- Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño and Summer Lime Margaritas and assorted frozen cocktails.
The park, which reopened in June, is still requiring visitors to make a reservation on the day they plan to arrive, including passholders. Face masks are required for everyone over the age of 2 and temperatures are checked upon arrival.
Spacing is marked on the ground, and seating on rides has been modified to maintain physical distance.
There is currently a sale on one-day tickets for $85.99, a $25 savings, at buschgardens.com/tampa.