Veterans Day: Veterans will be celebrated around the Tampa Bay area on Thursday and beyond. Here’s a look at some of the larger local events:
- Veterans Day Dive: Join veterans for a dive at the Circle of Heroes, an underwater military veterans memorial 10 miles off the coast of Honeymoon Island State Park in the Gulf of Mexico. Depths average 36 to 40 feet. Call Woods and Water Outdoor Sports Center in Tampa to register. 813-684-0122. $125, $110 veterans (tanks and gear additional). 8 a.m. Thursday. 2 Shea Fishing and Diving Charters, 880 N Osceola Ave., Clearwater. 813-458-1579.
- Veterans Day Ceremony: The 17th annual event features music, food and live entertainment. Free. 10 a.m. Thursday. Crest Lake Park, 201 Glenwood Ave., Clearwater. 727-462-6963.
- Veterans Day Parade: The annual parade will be followed by a ceremony at Park Square. Free. 10 a.m. Thursday. Fishhawk Ranch Park Square, 16132 Churchview Drive, Lithia. 813-681-2000.
- Veterans Day Ceremony: The City of Safety Harbor, American Legion Post 238 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10093 are sponsoring this ceremony. Free. 11 a.m.-noon Thursday. Safety Harbor City Marina, 110 Veterans Memorial Lane. 727-724-1555.
- Veterans Day Ceremony: The annual event will include a roll call of newly inscribed names on the Memorial Wall. Free. 11 a.m. Thursday. Veterans Memorial Park, 250 Shore Drive E, Oldsmar. 813-749-1152.
- Veterans Day Parade: The City of Treasure Island and American Legion Post 158 are hosting the parade. It departs from Treasure Bay and ends at the Treasure Island Community Center. Free. 11 a.m. Sunday. Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis, 10315 Paradise Blvd., Treasure Island. 727-363-8375.
ZZ Top: The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers bring their spinning guitars and classic rock to Tampa. $60 and up. 8 p.m. Tuesday. Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 5223 Orient Road, Tampa. 813-627-7625.
99.5 QYK Guitar Pull: Nashville artists take turns playing acoustically and telling stories. The event features Chris Young, Jordan Davis, duo Maddie and Tae and new country artists Matt Stell and Parker McCollum. All performers are on the stage at the same time. $58.50 and up. 7 p.m. Sunday. Mahaffey Theater, 400 First St. S, St. Petersburg. 727-300-2000.
Air Supply: The band whose hits include Lost in Love and All Out of Love performs. $50-$100. 8-10 p.m. Sunday. Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. 727-791-7400.
Snowcat Ridge: Enjoy snowy slopes, an Arctic igloo, ice skating and more. $26.95-$39.95. Skate rental $9.95. 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday. Snowcat Ridge, 27839 Saint Joe Road, Dade City. 813-576-1450.
Stephen Lynch: The songwriter, comedian and Tony award-nominated actor performs. $25-$36.50. 8 p.m. Thursday. Nancy and David Bilheimer Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. 727-791-7400.
Junior League Holiday Gift Market: This year’s Candyland-inspired holiday gift market will have more than 200 vendors selling clothes, jewelry, holiday decor and children’s items. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be available for meet and greets and photo opportunities. The annual event is the Junior League’s largest fundraiser. A VIP preview party will be held Thursday, with general shopping Friday-Sunday. $7-$70, $8 parking. 7-10 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 U.S. 301 N, Tampa. 813-254-1734.
Planning your weekend?
Subscribe to our free Top 5 things to do newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
Beer at the Pier: The Florida Brewers Guild partners with Visit St. Pete-Clearwater and the St. Pete Pier for a celebration of beers produced exclusively in Pinellas County. Includes unlimited samples of beer from participating breweries, entertainment, talks and a collectible souvenir cup. $30-$75. Choose from one of two sessions. 1-4 or 6-9 p.m. Saturday. St. Pete Pier, 800 Second Ave. NE, St. Petersburg. 727-289-8499.
James Taylor: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee and guitar player is in town with Jackson Browne. $59.50-$125. 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Amalie Arena, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa. 813-301-6500.
Sponge Docks Seafood Festival: The 33rd annual festival brings seafood and non-seafood dishes, arts and crafts vendors, fishing apparel, live music and more to Tarpon Springs. Free. Noon-9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, 521 Athens St. 727-322-5217.
Lil’ Badass Beer Fest: The seventh annual beer festival features two outdoor three-hour sessions with more than 25 breweries pouring more than 50 beers, food, music, ax throwing and a mini-arcade. Social distancing recommended between groups. 21 and older. $70. Noon-3 p.m. or 4-7 p.m. Saturday. Tampa Bay Brewing Co., 13937 Monroes Business Park, Tampa. 813-597-6857.
Pride Zoo La: Kori Stevens hosts this party with music by Ani, the Tampa Pride Pageant, the presentation of the Distinguished Community Leader Award, a performance by the Tampa Pride Band and appearances by Mr. (Kirk T. DaVinci) and Mrs. (Jade Embers) Tampa Pride 2020. Benefits Tampa Pride. $45-$55. 8 p.m. Friday. ZooTampa at Lowry Park, 1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa. 813-935-8552.
Tampa Bay Fall RV Show: Local RV dealers will be displaying 2022 RVs for the first time. There will also be booths representing campgrounds, financing and insurance and accessory items. $5, 15 and younger free. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 U.S. 301 N, Tampa. 813-741-0488.
Barns and Beer: Groove to live music by Stormbringer in the great outdoors as you sip ciders, seltzers, craft beers, wine and spirits. Includes a free pint glass, barn games, large beer pong and a mechanical bull. $45-$50, $60-$65 VIP. 6-10:30 p.m. Friday. Old McMicky’s Farm, 9612 Crescent Drive, Odessa. 813-920-1948.
Christmas Under the Oaks Holiday Market: The 45th annual market features a variety of exhibitors offering handmade arts and crafts, holiday-themed products and gift-giving ideas. Benefits grants, scholarships and community service programs. Free. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. St. Petersburg College Clearwater Campus, 2465 Drew St. 727-238-5702.