Open Table, the restaurant reservation app, has debuted its Top 100 Restaurants in America list. It was compiled using data from 12 million diner reviews and other metrics that reveal popular restaurants throughout the nation.
Bern’s Steak House and Lilac at the Tampa Edition were the two from Tampa that made the list. Lilac was awarded a Michelin star earlier this year.
California and Florida are the states with the most restaurants on the list, with 14 and seven, respectively. Other Florida restaurants are Buccan (Palm Beach), Latitudes Key West on Sunset Key (Key West), Llama (St. Augustine), Savour (Tallahassee) and Stubborn Seed (Miami Beach).
The list grew this year to include more cities for a total of 63, as opposed to last year’s 47. It includes a number of Michelin-starred restaurants.
The list studied data from Jan. 1-Sept. 30 and found the following trends from diners:
- While year-round dining remained flat over last year, there was a spike in eating out on special occasions, especially Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day.
- Eating out alone is on the rise, with Thursday and Friday being the most popular days to do so.
- West African, African and Lebanese were among the top trending cuisines.
- East Asian menu items, including crispy rice, omakase, yuzu, lychee, miso, ramen and kimchi, were mentioned more by diners.
- Espresso martini, Aperol spritz and Negroni were among the popular cocktails mentioned, as were the terms “mocktails” and “nonalcoholic.”