1. Return of Sesame Street parade: SeaWorld Orlando is bringing back its parade of Sesame Street characters on weekends beginning this Saturday. Bert and Ernie command a parade float and there are dancers who interact with kids in the crowd as it rolls past Mr. Hooper’s store in Sesame Street land, which opened in March 2019. The parade will be held at select times throughout the day Fridays through Sundays. Included with admission. seaworld.com.
2. Midnight Madness: Kids in kindergarten through fifth grade will be locked in and supervised for 12 hours of overnight sports, crafts, games and time with friends. Bring socks, a bathing suit, pillow and a blanket. It starts at 8 p.m. Friday and ends at 8 a.m. Saturday. $50, $40 each additional sibling. Get tickets at playlargo.com. Highland Recreation Complex, 400 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. 727-518-3016.
3. Star Home Theater: The St. Petersburg College Planetarium is hosting a summer series on the “Lives of the Stars” that you can watch from home via Zoom. Held on Fridays at 7 p.m., SPC’s resident astronomer Craig Joseph will host the series on the summer sky focusing on stellar birth and stellar death. There are examples of both that can be seen through amateur telescopes. See the stars and constellations that dominate summer evenings this Friday, as well as July 16 and 23. Register at the planetarium’s page at spcollege.edu and you will be given the Zoom information.
4. Dollar Day at the Pool: Get ready to dive in and cool down. Everyone can swim at Largo’s Southwest Pool for $1 on Saturday for a neighborhood celebration. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. 13120 Vonn Road, Largo. 727-518-3126. playlargo.com.
5. Drop Off Your Drawers: For the months of July and August, Clothes to Kids will collect new, unopened packages of underwear for its “Drop Off Your Drawers” push. Sadly, many children go to school without underwear, said the charity that provides free clothes to children in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. “Underwear is expensive,” the organization said in a news release, adding that it normally provides more than 65,000 pieces of new underwear to children each year. Sizes most needed for boys are 4-16 (boxer briefs) and young men sizes 30 and up. For girls, bikini underwear sizes 6, 12, 14 and 16 are most needed, as are junior/women bikini sizes 5-10. There is an Amazon wish list for Clothes to Kids Inc. that will ship donations to them, or you can drop off donations at the stores in Clearwater, Tampa and St. Petersburg. clothestokids.org/dyd.