1. SharkCon: Take a deep dive into the world’s oceans at the annual celebration of sharks, sponsored by National Geographic’s SharkFest. It celebrates the amazing predators with a more ecological bent than Sharknado. It brings marine exhibits, scientists and storytellers from around the world who seek to protect sharks and their ocean home. You’ll also find a shark dissection, a 22-foot shark slide, mermaids, paddle board and kayak clinics, touch tanks, scuba diving and lots of ocean-themed vendors. For $40 you can watch a screening of Jaws on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in the Expo Hall, followed by a Q and A with actor Richard Dreyfuss. Admission is $19.95, $4.95 child (one day); $24.95, $7.95 child (two days). It runs from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4802 U.S. 301 N, Tampa. 813-621-7821. Get tickets at sharkcon.com.
2. Flick N Float: Bring the family to float around in the pool as you watch a movie. $5. 7-9 p.m. Friday. Highland Recreation Complex and Family Aquatic Center, 400 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. 727-518-3016. playlargo.com.
3. Summer Movie Express: Help the kids escape the heat and take them out to a movie for $1 all summer at Regal movie theaters on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. This week features The Lego Movie 2 and Minions followed by Kung Fu Panda and Despicable Me Aug. 10 and 11. It takes place at Citrus Park 20 in Tampa, Largo Mall 8 in Largo, Hollywood 20 in Port Richey and Park Place Stadium 16 in Pinellas Park. 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The cheap movie lineup runs through Labor Day weekend. Check theaters because show times may vary. regmovies.com.
4. Safety Harbor Little Free Library Scavenger Hunt: Get to the library to pick up a clue sheet leading you to Little Free Library boxes in downtown Safety Harbor, where you can solve clues and find books in an attempt to win a garden gnome. Finish the hunt and return your completed clue sheet to the library to enter. Free. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Safety Harbor Library, 101 Second St. N, Safety Harbor. 727-724-1525, ext. 4106.
5. Family Fun Fishing: For children up to 14 years of age, this free event provides poles and bait, but participants are welcome to bring their own equipment. Social distancing guidelines and safety precautions will be observed. Free. 8-11 a.m. Saturday. John S. Taylor Park, 1100 Eighth Ave. SW, Largo. 727-873-7852.