1. Pirates and Princesses Cruise: Families can dress in costume and board the Lost Pearl ship that cruises the Hillsborough River for a 90-minute cruise with pirate and princess tales. Find out if the princess can persuade the thieving pirate to return the Lost Pearl while playing interactive pirate games. Cash bar available for ages 21 and older. $39.95, $34.95 ages 2-12, $14.95 for 1 and younger. 10 a.m., noon, 2 and 4 p.m. Sunday. Tampa Convention Center, 333 S Franklin St. 813-559-1804. tampapirateship.com.
2. Alligator: Dragons in Paradise: The summer-long alligator exhibit at the Sulphur Springs Museum gets an added boost with a free talk by Everett Osceola on Sunday on the history of Seminole alligator wrestling. He will discuss the rise of alligator wrestling in tourist camps throughout the first part of the 20th century. He will also talk about famous Seminole alligator wrestlers including Willie Willie, the road to the tribe’s federal recognition by the U.S. government in 1957 and the resurgence of alligator wrestling in modern times. There will be refreshments and free admission at 2 p.m. Sunday. The exhibit, which explores our enduring fascination with the alligator with artifacts such as alligator bags, skulls and a variety of alligator memorabilia, runs through Sept. 9. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays. Sulphur Springs Museum and Heritage Center, 1101 E River Cove St., Tampa. 813-935-9402. sulphurspringsmuseum.org.
3. Celebrate International Orangutan Day: Bring a picnic lunch and celebrate International Orangutan Day with special animal ambassadors, alligator shows, trail tours and coloring activities for kids at the sanctuary, which is home for more than 120 chimpanzees, orangutans, monkeys, reptiles, birds and more. $15, $10 ages 3-10, 2 and younger free. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Suncoast Primate Sanctuary, 4600 Alt. U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. 727-943-5897. suncoastprimate.org.
4. Cash Kids Club Bash: The Clearwater branch of First Home Bank is celebrating its club that teaches kids strong saving habits with a free day of family fun that includes a DJ, bounce house, an indoor video game truck, food, drinks and other activities. Free. 9 a.m-1 p.m. Saturday. First Home Bank, 2520 Countryside Blvd., Clearwater. 617-285-0771.
5. Summer Movie Express: Regal movie theaters offers a cheap way to escape the heat with the kids with $1 movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This week features How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and Madagascar. Next week features Goosebumps and Dora and the Lost City of Gold. Screenings are a Citrus Park 20 in Tampa, Largo Mall 8 in Largo, Hollywood 20 in Port Richey and Park Place Stadium 16 in Pinellas Park. Showtimes vary by theater. See regmovies.com for the lineup and movie times.