Three counties are helping kids get physicals and immunizations to go back to school. The following is a list of locations currently taking appointments.
The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County is offering its annual summer Back to School clinic services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. The school-based health clinics will provide school, sports and well-child physicals, including immunizations, at no cost. The services will be provided by appointment only 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays-Fridays through Aug. 7. Free. Boca Ciega High School, 924 58th St. S, Gulfport. Also available at Gibbs High School Clinic, 850 34th St. S, St. Petersburg, and Pinellas Park High School Clinic, 6305 118th Ave. N. 727-824-6900.
Project LINK’s Back-2-School Health Clinics are now open for registration for children attending public or charter schools in Hillsborough County. Parents of uninsured children or on Medicaid are eligible to schedule appointments for a no-cost school physical, routine immunization or immunization records transfer/update to the Florida Form DH-680 (Certification of Immunization). Parents must register online at back2schoolhealthclinic.org. Conditions and terms do apply. Free (must be uninsured or have Medicaid to register). The following is a list of specific dates and locations:
- West Tampa: July 15: Blake High School, 1701 North Blvd., Tampa.
- Dover: July 22: Dover Elementary School, 3035 Nelson Ave., Dover.
- East Tampa: July 29: Middleton High School, 4801 N 22nd St., Tampa.
- North Tampa: July 29: Pizzo K-8 School, 11701 USF Bull Run Drive, Tampa.
- Central Tampa: Aug. 5: South University, 4401 N Himes Ave., Tampa.
All appointments are available 9 a.m.-noon. For more information, call 813-276-5671.
Hernando County: The Florida Department of Health in Hernando County is holding free after-hours back-to-school immunization clinics. Appointments are required. The following is a list of specific dates and locations:
- 5-7 p.m. July 19 and Aug. 3 at 300 S Main St., Brooksville.
- 5-7 p.m. July 20 and Aug. 1 at 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
All appointments are available from 5-7 p.m. at both Florida Department of Health locations. For more information, call 352-540-6800.