With Christmas falling on a Sunday this year, today is a designated federal holiday. That means limited services and some closures around the Tampa Bay area.
Federal, state and local governments will observe Christmas Day today. That means most government buildings, including libraries and court houses, are closed.
Most banks are closed and trading on Wall Street returns Tuesday.
But as usual, malls and big-box stores are open for shoppers hoping to return unwanted gifts or to pick up any wishlist presents that didn’t appear under the Christmas tree this year.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Government buildings, including city and county offices are closed. So are state and federal courts.
- The post office is closed and there will be no mail delivery today.
- All public library locations in Hillsborough county are closed. In Pinellas, all libraries are closed except for the Seminole Community Library, which is open normal hours.
- Most bank locations are closed, as are the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
- No trash or recycling will be collected in most areas. Tampa trash collection will occur on the next scheduled pick-up date. St. Petersburg collection will occur on Tuesday. Trash and recycling services will not be interrupted in Clearwater.
- Public transportation will operate on normal schedules in Pinellas and Hillsborough County.
Malls and stores
- International Plaza and Bay Street: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- WestShore Plaza: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Hyde Park Village: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
- Westfield Citrus Park: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- University Mall: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Costco: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Walmart: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Sam’s Club: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Ikea: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Target: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.