Advertisement
  1. News
  2. /
  3. Breaking News

Hyde Park strip plaza evacuated after carbon monoxide leak, Tampa officials say

Tampa Fire Rescue said four people suffered non-life threatening injuries.

TAMPA — Tenants of a Hyde Park strip plaza were evacuated Monday afternoon after a carbon monoxide leak in one of the buildings, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

Fire rescue personnel responded to the incident in the 700 block of South Village Circle at 3:09 p.m. People at the strip plaza reported feeling ill, and investigators called for a full hazmat response after meter readings indicated high levels of carbon monoxide in the area.

People also were evacuated from the surrounding businesses, which were ventilated. Four people were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, the release said.

The leak was caused by construction work at one of the businesses, according to authorities.

This is a developing story. Stay with tampabay.com for updates.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement