SMALL BUSINESS BRIDGE LOANS HELP HERNANDO: The Florida Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida facilitated 141 Florida Emergency Bridge Loans, totalling $7,515,100 in funding. In Hernando County, eight loans totalling $300,000 were administered. The loan program was activated by Gov. Rick Scott on Sept. 14, 2017, as a result of Hurricane Irma. On Oct. 6, the program was expanded to include Florida's citrus businesses. The interest-free loan program was available to small business owners and citrus businesses throughout Florida that experienced physical and/or economic damage as a result of the storm. Small business owners could qualify for up to $50,000, while citrus growers could apply for up to $150,000. For information, visit SBDCTampaBay.com/resources.
HOSPITAL WELCOMES DOCTOR: Dr. Oleg Gligich recently joined the medical staff at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Dr. Gligich is board certified in internal medicine and board eligible in medical oncology and hematology. He sees patients at the Advanced Cancer Treatment Center, 11373 Cortez Blvd., Suite 200, Spring Hill. For information, call (352) 597-4998.
MIDWIFE APPOINTED TO BREASTFEEDING TASK FORCE: Suncoast OB/GYN All Women's Midwifery & Health Care, 11097 Hearth Road, Spring Hill, recently appointed Melissa Slaght, advanced registered nurse practitioner, and certified nurse midwife, as the Florida West Coast Breastfeeding Task Force's new volunteer and education outreach coordinator. Slaght currently delivers babies at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill.
LACTATION CONSULTANT JOINS PRACTICE: Suncoast OB/GYN All Women's Midwifery & Health Care, 11097 Hearth Road, Spring Hill, recently appointed Gaye Ficarrotta, advanced registered nurse practitioner, and certified nurse midwife, to its staff. Ficarrotta is an international board certified lactation consultant, specializing in the clinical management of breastfeeding.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, 12280 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, 10:30 a.m. Jan. 30. Call John Seebach, (352) 656-5646.
• NeverBoard Gaming Community, 3053 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, noon Jan. 31. Call Bobby Thomas, (352) 277-6332.
INTERNAL LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce invites all nonprofit organizations to attend a free workshop, "Advancing Your Mission: Internal Leadership," from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 1 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The workshop will be presented by Sunrise of Pasco County. Speakers include Kelly Sinn, licensed clinical social worker, and Penny Morrill, registered nurse. Topics include motivating your team, adherence to your mission and best practices, and building a culture of excellence. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
Follow trends affecting the local economy
Subscribe to our free Business by the Bay newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
$50 INVESTMENT CLUB TO MEET: The $50 Investment Club will meet at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 7 at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The group is a partnership of members who pool as little as $50 each month to buy blue-chip and other highly rated, dividend-paying stocks. During the monthly meetings, on the first Wednesday of each month, the club discusses and compares information on stocks and votes on purchases and sales. For information, call John Spoerl, president, at (352) 597-7830 or Patrick Judd, treasurer, at (352) 397-3388.
MORNING COFFEE WITH SCORE: Join Pasco Hernando SCORE for a casual gathering to discuss different business topics each month. Coffee with SCORE: Imports and Exports will be from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The event is an open and interactive discussion. Coffee and doughnuts will be served. For information, call (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Pricing for Profit, 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 6, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Tax Implications for Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Utilizing "You Tube" to Promote Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Building Business Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 13, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c(3), 5 to 7:30 p.m., Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Jan. 26, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Jan. 29 , Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 29, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Jan. 30, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Jan. 31, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?'O'?Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Feb. 1, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.