CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Hearing Life — New World of Hearing, 7373 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon Nov. 14. Call David Reichmann, (352) 688-0648.
• Joint ribbon-cutting for International Cultural Exchange Services and First Response Tax Services, at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, noon Nov. 16. Call Jessica Varn, (727) 809-0147; Gisele Dunn, (352) 585-2411.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly membership meeting at 7:15 a.m. Nov. 15 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville. The breakfast will be sponsored by Hits 106 WGHR-FM. The event is the annual Thanks for Giving program to thank chamber volunteers. The prepayment cost with breakfast is $15 online; $20 at the door. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. Nov. 16 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Diplomats support and promote the chamber and its membership. For information, call Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in association with SBDC (Small Business Development Council) Tampa Bay and Hernando County Emergency Management, will host a Business Continuity Planning Lunch and Learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will learn about tools and resources to assure they have a disaster plan in place. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER'S TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Technology Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Nov. 17 at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is for those who have a passion for technology and wish to foster growth in the technology industry in Hernando County. For information, call Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has announced that Nov. 25 will be Small Business Saturday in Hernando County. The event was created to show support for small businesses in the community. Local businesses are encouraged to offer special deals and sales. On that day, the chamber will introduce its newest member, Chick Lucy Lu. Shoppers who post a selfie with Lucy Lu at local businesses, stores and restaurants on Nov. 25 can win a prize by posting the photo and tagging #ShopHernando and #HernandoChamber. Business owners are encouraged to share their favorite Small Business Saturday moments with their customers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #ShopHernando, #LiveShopPlayHernando and #HernandoChamber. To become a #ShopHernando partner and receive free materials promoting Small Business Saturday, visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
CHAMBER'S HOLIDAY GOLF TOURNAMENT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Holiday Golf Tournament on Dec. 7 at Southern Hill Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Registration and breakfast starts at 8 a.m., with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The entry fee is $100 per player, which includes breakfast, golf, golf cart and luncheon, with a silent auction after the tournament. Sponsorships available: $450, gold; $400, team; $100, hole sign; and $35, pre-paid mulligan/game package. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
LIGHT UP THE EASTSIDE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: The 10th annual Light Up the Eastside Christmas Festival, formerly the Light Up Ridge Manor Christmas Festival, will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 8 at Eastside Elementary School, 27151 Roper Road, Hill 'n Dale.
The celebration, which is free and open to the public, will be hosted by the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Eastside Business Networking Group and will include children's games and activities, Christmas carolers, a cakewalk, music, performances by local children's groups and a visit from Santa. Food will be available for purchase. For information, call Edward Finch at (352) 797-7045.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 10, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Nov. 13, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 13, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Nov. 14, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Nov. 15, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?'O'?Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Nov. 16, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.