HOSPITAL OPENS ARRHYTHMIA CENTER: The Heart Institute at Oak Hill Hospital has opened its Arrhythmia Center on the campus at 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. The center provides focused, specialized care, from arrhythmia diagnosis and treatment to patient education and other support. Arrhythmia is an abnormality in the rhythm of the heart or heart pattern. The center is under the medical direction of Dr. Arun Rao.
(herbizdigest111717-A) NURSE COMPLETES MANAGEMENT PROGRAM: Daria Mazzoni, an advanced registered nurse practitioner, certified forensic nurse, legal nurse consultant and certified nurse life care planner with Access Health Care Physicians, recently completed the University of Florida's 120-hour pre-licensure healthcare risk management program. Completion of the program entitles Mazzoni to apply to the Agency for Healthcare Administration for Florida licensure as a healthcare risk manager.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Transformed Treasures, 414 E Liberty St., Brooksville, noon Nov. 21. Call Diana Burmann, (352) 428-4965.
• Habitat for Humanity of Hernando County, 7421 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon Nov. 22. Call Marina Edwards, (352) 754-1159.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in association with SBDC (Small Business Development Council) Tampa Bay and Hernando County Emergency Management, will host a Business Continuity Planning Lunch and Learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will learn about tools and resources to assure they have a disaster plan in place. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER'S TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Technology Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Nov. 17 at the chamber's office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is for those who have a passion for technology and wish to foster growth in the technology industry in Hernando County. For information, call Rocco Maglio at (321) 987-0168 or visit hernandochamber.com.
OUTREACH COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Operation Outreach Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 21 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee is a group of volunteers and chamber members who mentor new chamber members. For information, call Dawn Badami at (352) 796-0697, ext. 5, or Jean Harberts at (352) 796-0697, ext. 3.
CHAMBER TRAINING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Training Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Nov. 28 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
Follow trends affecting the local economy
Subscribe to our free Business by the Bay newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
BROOKSVILLE TREEUMPH TO OPEN: After damage caused by Hurricane Irma delayed the original opening date, TreeUmph! Adventure Course, 6440 Cedar Lane, east of Brooksville, is set to open Nov. 24. The park features more than 130 obstacles, a children's course and extreme adult courses. A grand opening celebration will be Dec. 9. For hours, tickets or information, visit treeumph.com/brooksville/.
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce has announced that Nov. 25 will be Small Business Saturday in Hernando County. The event was created to show support for small businesses in the community. Local businesses are encouraged to offer special deals and sales. On that day, the chamber will introduce its newest member, Chick Lucy Lu. Shoppers who post a selfie with Lucy Lu at local businesses, stores and restaurants on Nov. 25 can win a prize by posting the photo and tagging #ShopHernando and #HernandoChamber. Business owners are encouraged to share their favorite Small Business Saturday moments with their customers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #ShopHernando, #LiveShopPlayHernando and #HernandoChamber. To become a #ShopHernando partner and receive free materials promoting Small Business Saturday, visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
CHAMBER'S HOLIDAY GOLF TOURNAMENT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Holiday Golf Tournament on Dec. 7 at Southern Hill Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Registration and breakfast starts at 8 a.m., with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The entry fee is $100 per player, which includes breakfast, golf, golf cart and luncheon, with a silent auction after the tournament. Sponsorships available: $450, gold; $400, team; $100, hole sign; and $35, pre-paid mulligan/game package. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
LIGHT UP THE EASTSIDE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: The 10th annual Light Up the Eastside Christmas Festival, formerly the Light Up Ridge Manor Christmas Festival, will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 8 at Eastside Elementary School, 27151 Roper Road, Hill 'n Dale. The celebration, which is free and open to the public, will be hosted by the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Eastside Business Networking Group and will include children's games and activities, Christmas carolers, a cakewalk, music, performances by local children's groups and a visit from Santa. Food will be available for purchase. For information, call Edward Finch at (352) 797-7045.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE will present a free small business seminar, "How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants," from 4:30 to 6:45 p.m. Nov. 30 at Spring Hill Branch/S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited. Photos will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 17, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Nov. 20 , Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 20 , Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Nov. 21, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Nov. 22, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?'O'?Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Nov. 23, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.