GRAND OPENING: Matthew King and Khanh Linh Truong, owners of FirstLight Home Care of Hernando and Citrus County, 12567 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, had a grand opening celebration on Oct. 26. FirstLight Home Care offers non-medical companion and personal care services for seniors, adults with disabilities, new and busy mothers, those recovering from surgery and others in need of assistance. For information, visit FirstLightHomeCare.com.
PASCO HERNANDO SCORE WINS AWARD: Pasco Hernando SCORE recently announced it received the Platinum Chapter Award during the National Leadership Conference in Baltimore. It is the third year in a row that the local chapter received the award for exceeding the goals set by SCORE National. The chapter offers free and confidential business mentoring, workshops and seminars throughout the year at local libraries. Seminars focus on critical issues, from planning to funding to marketing. For information or to register for a seminar, visit pascohernando.score.org.
DENTIST WINS COMPETITION: Dr. James Gibney. a general dentist certified by the American Board of Oral Implantology, recently traveled to San Diego, where he took first place in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry's Table Clinic Competition for presenting his "24 Hour Teeth" process, which includes dental implant surgery that uses a crown and bridge technique to give a patient cemented temporaries within 24 hours. More than 1,600 attended the acadeny's annual meeting. Gibney's office is at 1433 Parker Ave., Spring Hill. For information, call (352) 686-4223.
CHAMBER CONNECT POWER LUNCH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host its November Chamber Connections Power Lunch at noon Nov. 3 at Premier Community Healthcare, 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. The topic will be geared to professionals in the health care industry. The cost is $15 if prepaid online, or $20 at the door. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Body Fitness, 5181 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill, noon Nov. 7. Call Donna Hildebrandt, (352) 686-4660.
• Robinson Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, 3091 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, noon Nov. 8. Call Jenni Robinson, (352) 340-5946.
CHAMBER MARKETING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Marketing Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 8 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The committee, which focuses on branding, will work to create new goals for the chamber membership.
For information about joining the committee, call Elizabeth Keeran at (352) 796-0697.
NETWORKING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Networking Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 9 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Committee members meet to collaborate on ideas, then decide which ones to implement. For information, call Ray Heter at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
AFTER HOURS MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its after hours mixer at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 9 at 3021 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. The event, which is free, is sponsored by Towne Square Mall. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
PHSC SEEKS EMPLOYERS FOR JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College and CareerSource Pasco Hernando, in cooperation with U.S. Rep. Daniel Webster, are seeking employers interested in participating in the Paychecks for Patriots Job Fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 8 at PHSC's North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville. Local employers interested in promoting open positions and future opportunities, with an emphasis on manufacturing and health care, will meet and greet those seeking employment. Employers interested in participating in the job fair, or anyone seeking information, may contact Breanna Perry at (352) 797-5174. Job-seekers also may have the opportunity for on-site interviews with potential employers. Professional dress and updated resumes are encouraged. Those interested in attending must register in advance at PaychecksforPatriotsPHSC2017.eventbrite.com.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in association with SBDC (Small Business Development Council) Tampa Bay and Hernando County Emergency Management, will host a Business Continuity Planning Lunch and Learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Those attending will learn about tools and resources to assure they have a disaster plan in place. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
CHAMBER'S HOLIDAY GOLF TOURNAMENT: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Holiday Golf Tournament on Dec. 7 at Southern Hill Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville. Registration starts at 8 a.m., with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The entry fee is $100 per player, which includes breakfast, golf, golf cart and luncheon, with a silent auction to follow the tournament. Sponsorships available: $450, gold sponsor; $400, team sponsor; $100, hole sign; $35, pre-paid mulligan/game package. For information, call (352) 796-0697. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
LIGHT UP THE EASTSIDE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: The 10th annual Light Up the Eastside Christmas Festival, formerly the Light Up Ridge Manor Christmas Festival, will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 8 at Eastside Elementary School, 27151 Roper Road, Hill 'n Dale. The celebration, which is free and open to the public, will be hosted by the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce's Eastside Business Networking Group and will include children's games and activities, Christmas carolers, a cakewalk, music, performances by local children's groups and a visit from Santa. Food will be available for purchase. For information, call Edward Finch at (352) 797-7045.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5 to 6:55 p.m. Nov. 7, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill
• Pricing for Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Let's Talk About Internet Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 9, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Nov. 3, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. Nov. 6 , Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 6, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Nov. 7, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Nov. 8, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?'O'?Brady's, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Nov. 9, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.