RESTAURANT DELIVERY SERVICES LAUNCHES: Bite Squad, an on-demand restaurant delivery service recently launched in Pasco County. The service will offer delivery from more than 25 area restaurants at launch. Customers can order from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Orders must be placed on the Bite Squad app or by visiting bitesquad.com. Delivery fees start at $2.99.
RIBBON-CUTTING: The North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce, formerly known as the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, recently hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Wound Care Center, 2700 Healing Way in the Wellness Plaza, Wesley Chapel. The event included a grand opening celebration.
GROUND BREAKING: The Sembler Company recently broke ground on a new Wawa at Trinity Lakes Crossings, an park fronting State Road 54 with access from Trinity Boulevard in Trinity. Also under construction at the location are Express Oil and Trinity Car Wash. Burger King opened at the location earlier this summer. Other tenants in Trinity Lakes Crossings include Hampton Inn, ABC Fine Wines & Spirits, Starbucks, Express Oil Change, and Achieva Credit Union. Four additional lots are available. Trinity Lakes Crossings shares direct access to the Shoppes at Trinity Lakes, a 65,000-square-foot, Publix-anchored shopping center developed by Sembler in 2016.
Courtney Cohen recently was promoted to finance director at Sun Toyota, 3001 U.S. 19, Holiday. Cohen was a finance manager at the dealership for three years. As finance director, he is responsible for department staffing, training and operations, as well as cultivating lender relationships to ensure customers get the most attractive finance rates possible.
HOSPITAL PRESENTS FRIST EMPLOYEE HUMANITARIAN AWARD: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point presented Laura Sammon-Linton, unit secretary of 2 West with the hospital's Frist Employee Humanitarian Award. The award, created to honor individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer activities, was named in honor of Dr. Thomas F. Frist Sr. The award is given to the employee who has been judged on the following four categories: level of commitment to the facility and patient care; level of commitment to the community; having a positive effect on others; and dependability, consistency and people-oriented. The award winner receives $250 in cash, a Frist lapel pin, a plaque, a front row parking spot or pass in the physician's parking lot for one full year, a large dish garden and their picture on the display at the front entrance of the hospital. Sammon-Linton, left, poses with her award and Bayonet Point CEO Sharon Hayes.
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION EVENT: David and Lisa Maharajh, owners of Maharajh Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe, 5805 Main St., New Port Richey, invite the public to experience Qigong from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 8. The free class will be led by Deb Plotkin. Guests are encouraged to wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and bring a reusable water bottle. The event recognizes the business' move to downtown New Port Richey five years ago. Qigong is an ancient, holistic system of "healthcare" aligning gentle movements and focused breathing for the cultivation of life energy to balance body-mind-spirit. To RSVP, call (727) 848-8777.
FREE GRANDPARENTS DAY EVENT: American House senior living communities, 38130 Pretty Pond Road, Zephyrhills, will host a free Grandparents Day event from noon to 2 p.m. Sept. 9. The carnival-themed cookout with games for the young and young at heart, will be held outdoors. To RSVP, call (813) 400-2263.
SMART SUCCESS BUSINESS SERIES: The North Tampa Bay Chamber will host its Smart Success Business Series from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Sept. 11 at Overnight Success Studios, 17743 Hunting Bow Circle, Lutz. The program provides professional development opportunities to help business and community leaders foster increased productivity and higher levels of success. Advance tickets are $20. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON: The North Tampa Bay Chamber will host its monthly Membership Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 12 at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The cost is $20. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email email@example.com.
TCBY SPIRIT NIGHT: TCBY Trinity, 3140 Little Road, will host a Spirit Night to benefit SPCA Suncoast from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 12. For information, call (727) 375-1177. The business will donate 10 percent of its sales during the two-hour event to the animal shelter.
EVENT CELEBRATES BUSINESS LAUNCH: Six months ago, Brett and Natalie Ciper opened Ordinance One, an independently owned craft beer and wine bar, 5738 Main St., New Port Richey. To show their appreciation to the community, Ordinance One, named after the city's first ordinance, will host four days of free entertainment, specials and a Buccaneer potluck tailgate party, Sept. 13-16. The event will be known as the O1 Ritual. Events include: First Responder & City Personnel Night, 4 p.m. Sept. 13. A hand-drawn map on the wall of the bar restored by local artist Jennie Pearl, will be revealed; Stand Up Comedy Night, 8 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 14; Live Music Night from 7 to 11 p.m. Sept. 15; and Football Sunday Potluck, Sept. 16. Doors open at 11 a.m., game begins at 1 p.m. Bring a dish to share.
SCORE TO HOST FAST TRACK PROGRAM: Pasco Hernando SCORE will host a fast-track program, "Game Changing Tactics for Small Businesses," designed for small businesses from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Residence Inn Marriott, 2101 Northpointe Parkway, Lutz. The program is free and open to the public. Learn from experienced executives and entrepreneurs who have built successful companies, and leave with an action plan to optimize performance. A continental breakfast will be provided. To register, visit pascohernando.score.org.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, Sept. 17 through Nov. 12. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays at the Pasco EDC, 16506 Pointe Village Drive, Suite 101, Lutz. The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 12. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a 501c3, 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. Sept. 11, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Start a Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 11, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
Visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef'O'Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny's, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O' Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.