Gracepoint Wellness and Behavioral Health Center, 2740 Windguard Circle, Suite 101, Wesley Chapel, held its grand opening Wednesday.
The family-friendly center serves adults, teens and children. A playroom and observation area is available for children before and sometimes during their therapy sessions.
To celebrate the grand opening, Gracepoint will offer a free educational seminar, "Parenting Children with ADHD," from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Feb. 23. The seminar will address truths and myths about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and offer practical advice on positive parenting of a child with ADHD.
For information or to RSVP, call (813) 239-8526 by Feb. 16.
• • •
Florida Cancer Affiliates, a new, community-based medical oncology and hematology practice, has opened at 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey.
Drs. Gerald Robbins, Lawrence Hochman and David Wenk are ready to begin seeing patients. Dr. Richard Caradonna plans to join the practice soon.
FCA is a partner of the renowned Moffitt Cancer Center, and is united in healing nationally with the U.S. Oncology Network.
For information, call (727) 372-9159.
• • •
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, at 7050 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, was recently awarded the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines — Stroke Bronze Quality Achievement award.
The award recognizes the hospital's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of stroke care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations.
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills was the only hospital in east Pasco County to receive the award. For information, call (813) 788-0411.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce has contributed items (posters, artifacts, memorabilia) to the Tampa Bay History Center's Community Showcase. Many other businesses, groups and individuals have also provided items for the exhibit.
The history center, located in the Channelside District at 801 Old Water St., Tampa, will feature the exhibit showcasing Zephyrhills through Feb. 29. The showcase is funded by Wachovia Foundation and offers communities in the Tampa Bay area an opportunity to tell their story via visual and educational display.
The large community showcase will capture the 100-year history of Zephyrhills from the 2010 centennial celebration. The history center's community outreach manager, Manny Leto, worked with Clereen Morrill Brunty and Madonna Jervis Wise to schedule the Zephyrhills exhibit. Zephyrhills will be the first community in Pasco County to be featured.
For information, call the Tampa Bay History Center at (813) 228-0097.
• • •
Kiefer Village Jewels, at 24144 State Road 54 in Lutz and at 37850 Meridian Ave. in Dade City, has launched an app to help customers find an engagement ring.
The new application, designed for the iPhone, Android and Facebook, will allow customers to browse through styles from their mobile device or computer.
The mobile version of the app can be found by searching "engagement ring finder" in the app store from the mobile device, and the Facebook app is located on the Kiefer Village Jewels Facebook page called "My Dream Engagement Ring" listed on the left side menu.
For information, visit www.kvjewels.com or email email@example.com.
HPH Hospice Spring Hill medical director Dr. David McGrew was recently appointed to serve on the organizing board for the National Board for Hospice Medical Director Certification.
The board, in conjunction with the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, will work to raise the standard of care provided by hospice medical directors nationally.
McGrew, who has been with Hospice for more than 25 years, is a founding member of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and is the past president of the Florida chapter. Since 2000, he has been president of Hospice and Palliative Physician Services, a physician group providing home care to hospice and palliative medicine patients in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties.
• • •
Financial adviser Vincent Graziano recently joined Wells Fargo Advisors, at 11031 U.S. 19, Port Richey. To reach Graziano, call (727) 697-0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 will present the free seminar "How to Really Start Your Own Business" from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. Learn key issues for starting a business, including business plans, cash flow charts and finding money.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce will host a grand opening/ribbon cutting at Pasco Regional Medical Center, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City, from noon to 2 p.m. Friday.
For information, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
• • •
The Pasco Economic Development Council Luncheon will be held Friday at the Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club, 10641 Old Tampa Bay Drive, San Antonio. Networking and registration begins at 11 a.m., buffet luncheon and presentation from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Dr. Scott Brown, Raymond James' chief economist, will present his assessment of where we stand and highlight key risks to the outlook.
The cost is $25 per person and advance registration is required. To RSVP, call toll-free, 1-888-607-2726 or register at www.pascoedc.com/events.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Pasco-Hernando Community College will present its first series of Brown Bag Biz-Days Professional Development Seminars, "Leadership in Practice."
The three-part series, hosted by CenterState Bank, will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. Each class/seminar will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the bank, 6930 Gall Blvd., second floor conference room, Zephyrhills.
Classes include: "Effective Meetings" on Feb. 22; "Time Management and Your Success" on March 7, and "Dealing with Daily Interruptions" on March 14.
The cost is $10 per class. A certificate of achievement will be awarded for completing all three classes. Bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef and Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, with breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. The group meets on the fourth Thursday of each month. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.