SURGEON JOINS BROOKSVILLE PRACTICE: Dr. Utpal Patel has joined the practice of Drs. Sunanda Singh and Anjali Singh.
Patel is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and has completed an American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at the Laser & Dermatologic Surgery Center in Chesterfield, Mo. He comes to the practice from the University of Florida Department of Dermatology and Zephyrhills Skin Center.
The practice is at 12272 Hospital Blvd., Suite 346, west of Brooksville. Call (352) 796-3334.
DRIVE FOR THE KIDS: Representatives from Crystal Automotive will join parents and teachers for the Drive for the Kids fundraiser to benefit Gulf Coast Academy and Gulf Coast Middle School from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday during the school's fall festival.
Community members can earn a $10 contribution for the school from Chrysler by taking a brief free test drive starting in the parking lot of the middle school, 10444 Tillery Road, Spring Hill.
Crystal Automotive will provide minivans and dealership volunteers to answer questions and help with the test drives. Participants must be age 18 or older and have a valid driver's license.
For information, call Kevin O'Connor at (352) 238-1658.
JAZZERCISE CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: Jazzercise Spring Hill will celebrate its third anniversary at its current location, 7257 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, with free classes, special membership discounts and prizes.
New customers are invited to take any class for free from Monday through Oct. 12. For the class schedule, call (352) 442-8595 or visit jazzercise.com/findaclass.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• MediSource Staffing, 11141 County Line Road, Suite 111, Spring Hill, noon Tuesday. To RSVP, call (352) 200-5051. For information, call Eric Bratton, (352) 587-4012.
• Wireless Zone Verizon Wireless, 7272 Broad St., Brooksville, noon, Thursday. Call Jaime Sheridan, (352) 796-9919.
CELEBRITY TIP NIGHT TO fight WORLD HUNGER: Pizza Hut, 2903 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, will host a Celebrity Tip Night from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Members of Hernando County Fire Rescue will serve as celebrity waiters. The event will include a 50/50 drawing, baked goods, raffles and caricature drawings. All tips and donations will benefit the 2014 World Hunger Relief.
The event is for dine-in only. Call (352) 686-0200 or visit pizzahut.com.slicesofhope.
CHAMBER'S 2014 BEACH BASH: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Beach Bash from 5 to 11 p.m. Oct. 10 at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, 6131 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
This year's theme is "Zombies Invade Chamber Island." Tickets are $15 per person and include dinner and entertainment. A cash bar will be available. The event will include a zombie trail and identifier, plus other scary surprises.
For tickets, visit hernando chamber.com/events or call (352) 796-0697.
FREE BULLY BUSTER SEMINAR: Just for Kicks Karate, 7257 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, will offer a free bully buster seminar from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 11.
The event is open to all ages. For information or to register, call (352) 345-0454, or visit justforkickskarate.webs.com.
FLY IN OR DRIVE IN FOR OPEN HOUSE: Dyenamic Aviation Services, 15421 Technology Drive, south of Brooksville, will have a Fly-In-Fun open house from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 11.
The indoor/outdoor event will include food, entertainment and games for all ages. Guests may check out a variety of aircraft and speak with experienced pilots.
Guests are invited to fly in and show off their airplanes (airport code: KBKV; DAS Unicom: 122.95; KBKV Tower: 118.55). There will be plenty of parking for aircraft and cars. For information, call (352) 593-5826.
RACE TO WORK: CareerSource Pasco-Hernando will host free re-employment assistance-claimant community events from 9 a.m. to noon during October to promote efforts in reducing the community's unemployment rate.
• Oct. 15 at Rasmussen College, 8661 Citizens Drive, Suite 300, New Port Richey.
• Oct. 22 at American Legion Post 15, 37745 Church Ave., Dade City.
For information, contact Joyce Headrick at (352) 200-3050 or jheadrick@careersourcepasco hernando.com.
EDUCATING ENTREPRENEURS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting an ongoing series of free business seminars. Upcoming seminars include:
• "Presentation Skills," 10 a.m. to noon today, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, SMARTstart Dade City, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103 in the Dade City Business Center.
• "Focused Selling Skills," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "Using Excel Software," 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 14, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• "Advanced Selling Skills," 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 14, SMARTstart Dade City, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103 in the Dade City Business Center.
• "Building a Plan for a Successful Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Focused Selling Skills," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," Oct. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.