UC SYNERGETIC EXPANDS OFFICE IN PASCO: The Pasco Economic Development Council assisted UC Synergetic in expanding its regional operations in ComPark 75 in the Wesley Chapel area. The engineering company expects to create 25 new jobs in addition to the 80 current employees in the new 19,000-square-foot office. UC Synergetic, headquartered in Fort Mill, S.C., specializes in engineering and project management services in all areas of the electric and communications utility industries. UC Synergetic is a subsidiary of the Pike Corp.
PASCO EDC ANNOUNCES AWARDS AND TRADE SHOW WINNERS: At the recent Pasco Economic Development Council's 31st annual Awards and Trade Show, local companies and all 24 nominees were honored. The awards committee announced that seven winners were chosen. Nominees were scored based on company growth, leadership in current business issues, and corporate citizenship. Winners included:
• Business of the Year-Start-Up: Florida Hospital Center Ice.
• Business of the Year-Small Business: Express Employment Professionals.
• Business of the Year-Medium Business: FACTS Engineering.
• Business of the Year-Large Business: TRU Simulation and Training.
• Special Contribution: North Tampa Behavioral Health.
• Special Recognition: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
• Leadership Award: the late James "Don" Porter.
NEW SAINT LEO DIRECTOR: Julia Ruddock has joined Saint Leo University as director of employer development and experiential learning. Ruddock has 10 years of professional experience in the defense, banking, and higher education industries. In her new position, Ruddock will develop and coordinate programs to enhance student learning and increase career placement and will work with Tampa Bay area businesses, organizations and community partners to secure internships and job placements.
WESLEY CHAPEL JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College, CareerSource Pasco Hernando and the Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce are seeking employers to participate in the Congressman Gus Bilirakis Job Fair (manufacturing and health care emphasis) from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 26 at PHSC's Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, Building B, conference center, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Local health care, manufacturing and other employers interested in promoting open positions and future opportunities will meet and greet job-seekers from the community and PHSC students seeking employment. Employers interested in participating in the job fair, or for information, may call Eric Theodore at (352) 527-6725. The job fair is open to anyone looking for a job. Professional dress and updated resumes are encouraged. Those interested in attending must pre-register at gusbilirakisjobfairphscpc2017.eventbrite.com/.
APPRECIATION AND AWARDS BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its 56th annual Membership Appreciation and Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 28 at the St. Joseph's Parish Center, 38750 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. Tickets are $50 per person. Sponsorships include: $350 for six-top table, $500 for an eight-top and $600 for a 10-top. For information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
ENTREPRENEUR ROUNDTABLE: SMARTstart Pasco Economic Development Council will have its monthly Entrepreneur Roundtable from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Sept. 28 at the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, 6013 Wesley Grove Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The meeting brings small business owners and early-stage venture founders from diverse industries together to exchange information, challenges and insights. Roundtables are held on the fourth Thursday of each month. For information or to register, visit smartstartpasco.com/events/details/ entrepreneur-roundtable2, or call John Walsh at (813) 926-0827, ext. 223.
ECONOMIC SUMMIT: The Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition will host the inaugural Zephyrhills Economic Summit from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 4 at the Scotland Yards Golf & Country Club, 9424 U.S. 301, Dade City. Registration is $8, and includes a continental breakfast and lunch. RSVP to Melonie, (813) 782-1913.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Commercial Insurance for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 19, Centennial Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 20, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City.
• Legal Structures for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 26, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants, 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 27, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill.
• Marketing in 360, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 27, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 28, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.