Horizon Homecare recently announced it has been named a Top Agency of the 2012 HomeCare Elite for the sixth consecutive year. HomeCare Elite is a compilation of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States. Winners are ranked by an analysis of publicly available performance measures in quality outcomes, process measure implementation, patient experience, quality improvement and financial performance.
Horizon Homecare has offices at 7505 Rottingham Road, Port Richey, and 2977 Landover Blvd., Spring Hill. For information, call (352) 684-3550.
• • •
Medical Center of Trinity, at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in breast MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) as a result of a recent survey by the American College of Radiology's Committee on breast MRI accreditation.
For information, call (727) 834-4000 or visit MedicalCenterTrinity.com.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2014.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Bob Memoli at email@example.com.
Dr. David Kimmel of the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry, 12124 Cobblestone Drive, Bayonet Point, provided facial anatomy and aesthetics training to physicians and dentists in Newark, NJ, March 14-16. He lectured on the use of therapeutic Botox, and provided hands-on training on how to correctly use cosmetic Botox and fillers.
Kimmel has been practicing in Bayonet Point since 1990 and has been utilizing laser dentistry for more than eight years. Kimmel can be reached at (727) 862-8513.
• • •
Dr. Jennifer Laman, board certified in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative treatment, has relocated her practice to 13235 State Road 52, Hudson.
Laman accepts patients from pre-adolescence through geriatrics.
For information, call (727) 378-8503.
• • •
Shauna McKinnon was recently appointed chief executive officer at Pasco Regional Medical Center, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City.
McKinnon brings more than 17 years of practical and hospital-based administrative and nursing experience to Dade City. She joined Health Management Associates in 2004 and in 2011, was named chief operating officer at Spring Hill Regional Hospital.
For information, call (352) 521-1176.
The Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Business Breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club, 10641 Old Tampa Bay Drive, San Antonio. For information, call the chamber at (813) 994-8534.
To register, visit WesleyChapelChamber.com.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassadors Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event, sponsored by CF Industries, is free for ambassadors and $10 for guests. For additional information about the event, call (813) 782-1913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
Pasco and Hernando County employers are invited to attend a free Lunch & Learn workshop, sponsored by Career Central's Work Experience Program.
Business owners attending the workshop will receive information about the Work Experience Program and how it can benefit both the business and individuals looking to transition into the workforce.
The goal of the program is to help individuals receive training and work experience at no cost to the employer, and improve the career skills of the employee.
The workshop will be offered from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at three Career Central locations:
• Tuesday at 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
• Wednesday at 6038 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
• Thursday at 4440 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
Lunch will be provided. For information or to RSVP, call Dianne Perkins at (352) 200-3020, ext. 3122, or (813) 841-5381.
• • •
Pasco-Hernando Community College and Testing Services will co-host Interview and Resume Skills workshops to help job seekers at the West Campus of PHCC, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
• Interview Tips will be from 11 a.m. to noon Tuesday in room R-151.
• Resume Tips will be from 4 to 5 p.m. April 16 in room M-101.
The workshops are free and open to the public. For information, call Jacqueline Eden at (727) 816-3334.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• Creating a Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main Library, New Port Richey.
• How to Qualify as a Not-For-Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Centennial Park Branch, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 25, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 30, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for Tina Lay at Springbrook Hospital, 7007 Grove Road, Brooksville at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Chamber Breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by Norm & Sons Auto Repair. The cost is $5 for Ambassadors, $7 for members. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The 28th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will begin at 6 p.m. Friday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event is hosted by the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind.
The ball, a black tie event and the kickoff to the Chasco Fiesta, is held to recognize local philanthropy and to crown a King Pithla and Queen Chasco, two community leaders who give their time and talents to the many nonprofit organizations in the community.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. Tickets are $100 per person.
For information or to RSVP, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or email@example.com.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Connections "Join Us for Java" quarterly membership meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. April 10 at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event includes networking and speakers.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. The cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email Noworries@tampabay.rr.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco businesspeople committed to helping each other grow and develop their business. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf and Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Cost for luncheon is $11. Meets the first Thursday of each month. No charge to join. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 a.m. Friday at Branch of Christ Ministries Building, 27223 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. RSVP to Debbie Yoerg at email@example.com.