Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Speaker: Mike Prilliman, sales and marketing executive at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Property Group. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. It meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon, (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets on Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan, (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursday at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. For information, call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
OUTSTANDING DEALER: Progressive Air Systems of New Port Richey recently received the 2014 President's Award from Carrier for being an outstanding dealer in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry.
William Rogers, president, accepted the award during a recent ceremony in Nashville, Tenn. The award, one of Carrier's highest honors for its dealers, is given to factory authorized dealers who achieve excellence in product promotions and deliver superior customer satisfaction.
Progressive Air Systems specializes in HVAC installations for residential new construction and custom homes, as well as service repair and change outs for existing residential homes.
DOCTOR JOINS PRACTICE: Dr. James P. Donovan recently joined the Florida Joint Care Institute of Trinity. As an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the care of the upper extremity, Donovan will be providing operative and non-operative care for hands, wrists, elbows, arms and shoulders.
PAN TO HOST BOOTS AND BLING: The third annual Pasco Aging Network Boots and Bling fundraiser will be 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Aug. 22 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
A Texas Hold'Em poker tournament, along with other games, dancing, food, an auction and more are part of the evening's events. All proceeds help support senior services in Pasco County.
Tickets are $25 per person, two for $40, five for $90 or 10 for $175 if purchased before the event. Tickets at the door are $35 per person. Tickets include 1,000 gaming bling bucks and hot/cold hors d'oeuvres.
For information, call Terry Weaver at (352) 796-9891.
TRINITY MARKETPLACE: Small and local businesses will gather for the Trinity Marketplace to showcase and sell products from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Trinity Meeting Center, 7813 Mitchell Blvd., Suite 106, Trinity Commons Plaza in New Port Richey.
Local businesses participating include Time for Wine, Scentsy, Origami Owl, Avon, Pampered Chef, Thirty-One Gifts, local artists and photographers, to name a few.
Raffles and drawings will be held. For information, call (727) 375-9700 or email events@TrinityMeetingCenter.com.
VOLUNTEERS AND SPONSORS NEEDED FOR DANCING WITH OUR STARS 2014: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Dancing With Our Stars event Oct. 18 at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel.
The chamber has partnered with local dance professionals who are paired with local community personalities, leaders and celebrities — our "Stars," who have agreed to help raise funds while bringing guests a night of entertainment.
Each volunteer star dancer will compete; some with a professional dancer and some on their own. Performers will be judged by a panel of judges and several awards will be given, but the overall winner is the dancer who raises the most funds.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the art of dance in the community as well as the chamber. For information, call (813) 909-2722 or email the chamber at office@CentralPascoChamber.com.
VENDORS AND SPONSORS NEEDED FOR BUSINESS EXPO: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce and Saint Leo University will offer businesses the opportunity to showcase their services and products to area consumers and other businesses during the 2014 Community and Business Expo from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 13 at the Dan Cannon Auditorium of the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36722 State Road 52, Dade City.
The expo is presented by the Greater Dade City Chamber, Saint Leo University, the Tampa Bay Times and CenterState Bank.
This year's event is open to all chamber members at a special rate, and features a "bundle rate" for potential members offering annual membership and booth space combined. Area residents and visitors are welcome. There is no charge to the public to attend.
For information, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.