Two USFSP students recognized for leadership
Two students from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg were recognized recently for their leadership skills and awarded scholarships by USF Women in Leadership and Philanthropy, known as WLP. Grace Bauer, a biology major who wants to become a dentist, was awarded a $1,000 renewable scholarship to help support her dream to one day join a dental mission team. Melody Ucros, who is the president of the USFSP Entrepreneurship Club and plans to pursue a master's degree in urban and regional development, received a $2,500 scholarship marking WLP's 10th anniversary.
WLP has distributed more than $400,000 in scholarships and research awards since it was founded, and is "truly making a difference for smart, passionate women in this university community and beyond," Regional Chancellor and WLP member Sophia Wisniewska said. The group will host its annual Give Day Tampa Bay on Tuesday, and proceeds will help fund additional scholarships. For more information on how to participate, visit givedaytampabay.org.
Student production at SPC showcases talents
Students from St. Petersburg College will showcase their talents in spoken word, original poetry, song, dance and acting at 7:30 p.m. today at the Arts Auditorium on the SPC Clearwater campus, 2465 Drew St. More than a dozen students will perform in this student-led production.
Graduation season is here
Here are details of upcoming graduation ceremonies for several of the area's major colleges and universities:
• USF Tampa — 9 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. today and Saturday at the USF Sun Dome.
• USF St. Petersburg — 6 p.m. Sunday at Mahaffey Theater.
• University of Tampa — 9:30 a.m. May 9 at Amalie Arena in Tampa.
• St. Petersburg College — 9 a.m. May 16 at Tropicana Field.
• Stetson University College of Law — 8:30 a.m. May 16 in the school's courtyard.
• Eckerd College — 8 a.m. May 17 at South Beach Field on campus.