• Nov. 15: Great American Teach-In
• Nov. 17: Progress reports.
• Nov. 18-26: Thanksgiving break.
• Wiregrass Ranch High student Aishwarya Shivakumar was among the 491 semifinalists named in the 2017 Siemens Competition, the nation's premier competition in math, science and technology for high school students.
Each year, students submit innovative individual and team research projects to regional and national levels of competition to vie for college scholarships ranging from $1,000 up to $100,000. This year, more than 1,860 projects were submitted. Individual and team winners of regional contests earn the opportunity to compete in the national finals in December in Washington, D.C., where $500,000 in scholarships will be awarded, including two top prizes of $100,000.
• The J.W. Mitchell High School Band was recently named grand champion of the Florida Marching Band Champions regional band completion. Breaking school records, the band brought home 11 trophies in total. Under the direction Joel Quina and assistant director Ryan Herring, the band of approximately 240 students performed its show, titled "Painted Black."
• Community Information Nights for the Cambridge Programme will be at 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at Paul R. Smith Middle School, 1410 Sweetbriar Drive in Holiday and at 6 p.m. Nov. 15 at Thomas E. Weightman Middle School, 30649 Wells Road in Wesley Chapel. The application window ends Dec. 9. Notification of application status will be Feb. 12. For information, go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/cambridge.