Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• The center's Learn it Live! series presents The Three Little Pigs, at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 24- 25. Pre-K – grade 4. Public show at 11 a.m. Jan. 27. $5
• Crews Lake Middle theater presentation, 7 p.m. Jan. 30. This event features the one-act play, "Look Me in the Eye," which won Critics' Choice at the Junior Thespian Festival District 11 held in November as well as other district award winning events. $5.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. 813-794-8772.
• Lake Myrtle Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Jan. 23-24.
• Wesley Chapel High eighth-grade showcase, 9 a.m. Jan. 25.
• Kids Read Aloud Book Club, 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Dr., Holiday. Grades 3-5.
• Printmaking/Stamp Carving 101, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Jan. 27 at the Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. Learn the basics of block printing. Design, carve, and print a completed bookmark. Ages 9 and above. Proper dress code, registration and a signed liability waiver is required. Call (813) 929-1214 to register.
For information about Pasco County library offerings at all branches, check out the events calendar at www.pascolibraries.org. For information about events and programs at the New Port Richey Public Library, go to nprlibrary.org
• Online applications for the Pasco Education Foundation scholarships will be open through Jan. 31. The scholarships are intended for graduating seniors from a Pasco County public school who will be attending post-secondary education at a college, university or technical school. Applications must be completed by the student, including accompanying essays. Once the application review has been completed, only students that have been selected to receive a scholarship will be notified via email and U.S. mail. To view a list of available scholarships and or to apply, go to www.pascoeducationfoundation.org/students/
• The application window for the 2018-2019 Pasco Hernando State College Collegiate High School Program is open through February 2. The Collegiate High School Program is designed to allow students to earn an AA/AS Degree or a Cape Certification while also earning their standard high school diploma. For more information on program features, requirements and the application process go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/otl/chs
• Applications for Wendell Krinn Technical High School will be accepted online through Feb. 8 at www.pascoschools.org. The school will open in August 2018 at the current Ridgewood High, 7650 Orchid Lake Road, New Port Richey and offer industry certifications and an education that prepares students for an AA or AS degree program upon completion of a corresponding four-year, career-ready pathway. College and career- ready pathways include applied cyber security, biomedical, computer system and information technology and robotics. Career prep tracks that lead to industry certification include tracks for air conditioning, refrigeration and heating technology; automotive collision technology; electricity; welding technology fundamentals; and a variety of other technical pathways. Students who are accepted can earn up to 28 credit hours and credits toward a college degree. Wendell Krinn Technical High School Students will have easy access to Fred K. Marchman Technical College, located nearby, for hands-on industry certification courses and Pasco Hernando State College for dual enrollment courses. Informational Parent Nights will be held at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at Gulf High School, 5355 School Road in New Port Richey and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at Marchman Technical College, 7825 Campus Drive in New Port Richey. For more information, visit, www.pascoschools.org, and click on the Wendell Krinn Technical High School banner at the top or call (727) 774-3900.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org