• Sept. 14: Progress reports.
• Oct. 12: End of first grading quarter.
• Oct. 15: Teacher planning day. No school for students.
• Oct. 23: Report cards.
• Pasco Schools After-School Enrichment Programs Department will host a Job Fair from 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 17 at 7227 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Building 2, Land O’ Lakes. Positions are available for childcare assistants, senior childcare assistants, assistant site managers and site managers. Hours and locations vary by school site. Applicants must complete an application on the district website, where they also will find job descriptions and salary schedules. Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications based on their application will be selected for interviews. Offers of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and job-specific physical. For information, call (813) 794-2298 or go to placeprogram.com.
• Students interested in pursuing a college degree in Dance, Theater or Music are encouraged to attend the Straz Center’s inaugural Performing Arts College Fair. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 30 in the Patel Conservatory, Rehearsal Hall, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place Tampa. The day will consist of morning workshop rotations that include master classes and audition prep taught by Patel Conservatory Faculty. Students can meet representatives from the following schools during the afternoon session: Carnegie Mellon School of Music, The American Musical Dramatic Academy, Boston Conservatory, Flagler College, Greensboro College, Stetson University, Florida College, Butler University, University of North Florida, Lynn Conservatory of Music, Florida State University College of Music, Valdosta State University, University of South Florida, Florida Southern College, Savannah College of Art & Design, Manhattan School of Music, The New School, University of Florida
This event is free and open to the public but reservations are required. Lunch will be available for purchase. For additional information, contact the Patel Conservatory Student Affairs office at (813) 222-1029 or go to patelconservatory.asapconnected.com/?#EventDetail=177547.
• The Pasco Education Foundation is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Innovative Classroom Project. Each year, teachers are welcome to apply for grants to support creative, innovative, rigorous and relevant teaching/learning opportunities in their classrooms. Application deadline is Oct. 15. For information, or to apply, go to www.pascoeducationfoundation.org/employees/classroom-grants/
• Clerk and Comptroller Pasco County has announced the 2018 Constitutional Essay Contest for fifth-grade students. Students enrolled in public, charter and private schools as well as homeschooled students are eligible to participate. In 300 words or less, participants should respond to the question, "Why is the United States Constitution important?" Submissions will be judged on the participant’s understanding of the issue, clarity, presentation, grammar and spelling. Essays longer than 300 words will be disqualified. One essay per student. Include the writer’s name, age, grade, school, school address, contact telephone and parent email address. Email essay and information by Sept. 28 to email@example.com. Only MS-Word and PDF documents will be accepted. Winner will be announced Oct. 19.
• New Port Richey Public Library is offering qualified community members the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and credentialed career certificate through Career Online High School, a program brought to public libraries by Gale, a Cengage company. Part of the world’s first accredited, private online school district, Career Online High School is designed to reengage adults into the education system and prepare them for entry into post-secondary career education or the workforce. New Port Richey Public Library will award scholarships for Career Online High School to qualified learners looking to earn a high school diploma and advance their careers. Residents can learn more at the New Port Richey Public Library or by visiting the library’s Web site nprlibrary.org/cohs. For more information or questions, call (727) 853-1279.
Send school news to firstname.lastname@example.org