• Aug. 24: First day of school for students.
• Aug. 25-27: Adult education graduation.
• Sept. 7: Labor Day. No school.
• Sept. 25: Progress reports.
•Have questions or concerns with your child's school bus route? The Pasco County Schools Transportation Call Center will be open from 6:30-10:30 a.m. and 2-6 p.m. Monday through Aug. 28. Call (813) 794-2500, (727) 774-2500 or (352) 524-2500. For questions or concerns before Monday or after Aug. 28, go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/transportation.
• The Sertoma Speech and Hearing Foundation of Florida is seeking volunteers to help administer free hearing screenings for students throughout Pasco County. Last year, Sertoma tested a record 13,000 students. Potential volunteers must first fill out an application for a background check. For an online application, go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/volunteer. For information, call Sertoma at (727) 834-5479 or Pat Manfredo, hearing screening coordinator, at (813) 391-0919.
• Middle and high school students seeking volunteer opportunities are welcome to fill out an application for the Teen Advisory Boards at all Pasco County library branches. Members meet twice a month. Volunteers, ages 13 to 18, are asked to commit to at least two hours a week. Duties include shelving books, preparing supplies and props for children's programs, suggesting and planning programs, selecting material purchases for middle and high school students and assisting with teen programs, special events and fundraising. For information, visit the branch of your choice or go to pascolibraries.org/teens/ teen-advisory-board-volunteer.
• Today is the last day to register for the ACT exam that will be administered Sept. 12. Late fee required. Go to actstudent.org. Sept. 3 is the last day to register for the SAT exam that will be administered Oct. 3. The late registration date, with fee, is Sept. 22. Go to sat.collegeboard.org.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at email@example.com or by fax at (727) 869-6251.