• Sept. 7: Labor Day. No school.
• Sept. 25: Progress reports.
Open house dates
R.B. Cox Elementary: 5:30-7 p.m. Sept. 3.
Centennial Middle: 6-7:30 p.m. Sept. 1 for grades 7 and 8.
Gulf High: 5:30-7 p.m. Sept. 3.
Pasco Middle: 6-7 p.m. Sept. 2.
Ridgewood High: 6:30-8 p.m. Sept. 1.
River Ridge Middle: 6-8 p.m. Monday.
Seven Springs Middle: 6 p.m. Sept. 3 for Grade 6.
Shady Hills Elementary: Sept. 8.
Watergrass Elementary: 6-7 p.m. today.
Wesley Chapel High: 6-8 p.m. Aug. 31.
• The artwork of students at St. Anthony's School in San Antonio is on display during regular hours through Sept. 4 at the Hugh Embry Library, 12415 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Tickets are on sale for the 2015-16 Learn It Live Education Series presented at the Pasco Schools Center of the Arts in New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel. Shows are at 10:30 a.m. and noon. Seats are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are $4 to $7, depending on show. Chaperone tickets are free for large groups. Shows are as follows:
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey, (727) 774-7381 or go to CenterForTheArtsRiverRidge.com for order forms: Room On The Broom, Oct. 5, Grades K-4; Mother Goose: Pocketful of Rhymes, Nov. 10, Pre-K-grade 3; Our American Music, by the Florida Orchestra, Nov. 18, grades 3-12; The Nutcracker, Dec. 10, grades 3-12; Emperor's New Clothes, Jan. 27, grades K-4; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Feb. 24, grades 3-8; Are You My Mother? March 3, grades PreK-3; Jack Hartmann Concert, April 15, grades Pre-K-3.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772 or go to cfawc.pasco.k12.fl.us for order forms: Room on the Broom, Oct. 6, grades K-4; Sleeping Beauty, Nov. 13, grades K-5; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Feb. 23, grades 3-8; Thimbelina, Dec. 10; Emperor's New Clothes, Jan. 27, grades K-4; Jack Hartmann Concert, March 9, grades Pre-K-3.
• Students in kindergarten through Grade 5 are invited to attend Story Time with Therapy Dogs, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, and at the Centennial Park branch, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. Youngsters can also read with therapy dogs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St.
• Sept. 3 is the last day to register for the SAT exam that will be administered Oct. 3. The late registration date, with fee, is Sept. 22. Go to sat.collegeboard.org.
• Have a question or concern with your child's school bus route or stop? The Pasco County Schools Transportation Call Center will be open from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 2 to 6 p.m. through today. Call (813) 794-2500, (727) 774-2500 or (352) 524-2500. For questions or concerns beginning next week, go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/transportation
• Bishop McLaughlin High senior Lucas Brown is hosting a sporting goods collection drive to benefit "Roberto's Kids." The nonprofit organization was founded in honor of Hall of Fame baseball player Roberto Clemente, who died in 1972 en route to delivering supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua; it provides new or gently used baseball equipment to youngsters in need. Collection dates will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday and Nov. 14 at the Bishop McLaughlin High baseball fields, 13671 Hays Road, Spring Hill. Items needed include: gloves, bats, balls, catcher's equipment, bases, batting helmets, cleats and sneakers, uniforms hats and socks. For information, contact Brown at email@example.com or (813) 996-5223 or coach Jeff Swymer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 992-3360.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at email@example.com or by fax at (727) 869-6251.