• May 30: Memorial Day. No school
• June 3-5: Commencement for Pasco County high school seniors.
• June 8: Last day of school for students.
• Young Adults Reading and Writing Club, 3-5 p.m. today at the New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel. For teens.
• 3-D Printing Open House, 3-5 p.m. May 31 at the Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. Check out 3D printers in action and bring in your own files for printing. Ages 9 and up and a signed liability waiver is required. Call 813-929-1214.
For information about events at all Pasco County library branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information about events at the New Port Richey Public Library, go to nprlibrary.org.
• The Academy of Engineering at River Ridge High will host a Summer STEM Camp for students in grades 5-8 at the school, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. Sessions are June 20-24 and June 27-July 1. Cost is $150 per week if attending one session; $125 per week if attending both sessions. For information, contact Andrew Forsman, Engineering Academy Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To encourage younger girls to explore robotics, math, and science, Saint Leo University will again host Girls Can! Robotics camp for girls entering grades 5-8 (or ages 10 to 15) at the university, 33701 State Road 52 in St. Leo.
Day camp for beginners will be held July 5-8 ( $150); July 11-15 and July 18-22 ($170 per session). An overnight camp for those with previous robotics experience will be July 24-29 ($475). A limited number of scholarships may be available. For detailed information, application instructions and photos, go to the Girls Can! Robotics website, www.saintleomathematics.com/girls-can-robotics-camp.html or contact Monica Kiss at email@example.com or at (352) 588-8836.
• Weightman Middle will host Pasco F.I.R.E. (Fiercely Imaginative & Remarkably Expressive) Summer Writing Camp for students in grades 3-11. The 9-day camp, facilitated by Tampa Bay Area Writing Project teacher consultants, will be held from 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. June 20-30 (Monday-Thursday with one Friday field trip on June 25) at the school, 30649 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost is $300 (discounts available). Applications are due June 4. For information, contact Freda Abercrombie at firstname.lastname@example.org or(813) 924-0580 or go to www.pascofirewriters.com.
• Sunrise Domestic & Sexual Violence Center will be host to a Summer Youth Leadership Institute June 27 to July 1 at St. Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo. The goal of the institute is to develop student leaders to work with peers to visualize and create a community where all people are valued, honored and respected. Open to entering freshmen, sophomores and juniors who will attend Pasco, Zephyrhills, Wesley Chapel, Land O'Lakes or Wiregrass Ranch high schools in the fall. The registration fee is $250 per student. Applications are due to Sunrise by today. Contact Alexis Watson at email@example.com or (352) 521-3358 or register online at knowyourpeace.org.
Follow what’s happening in Tampa Bay schools
Subscribe to our free Gradebook newsletter
You’re all signed up!
Want more of our free, weekly newsletters in your inbox? Let’s get started.Explore all your options
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (727) 869-6233.