Sept. 16: Progress reports.
The Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• Talent show, featuring The Voice contestant Shalyah Fearing, Saturday. Pre-show question-and-answer session starts at 6 p.m. Talent show starts at 7 p.m. $8.
Tickets are on sale for center's "Learn it Live Educational Series." Coming shows include:
• The Florida Orchestra Children's Concert, featuring the Mother Goose Suite by Maurice Ravel and Peter & the Wolf by Serge Prokofiev, at 10:30 a.m. Oct 11. The orchestra will also present a concert and workshop for advanced students at noon Oct. 11. Tickets for the children's concert are $7; advance concert workshop tickets are $9.
• ArcAttack, 10:30 a.m. and noon Oct. 12. Part rock concert, part science experiment, the creators of ArcAttack combine a love of music with science as the group invites the audience to explore concepts such as electricity, voltage and current, magnetism, robotics and lightning through an entertaining and interactive show. Grades 6 to 8. $6.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road,Wesley Chapel (813)794-8772 or centerfortheartswesleychapel.com
Tickets are on sale for the "Learn it Live Educational Series" presentation of the Florida Orchestra Children's Concert, featuring the Mother Goose Suite by Maurice Ravel and Peter & the Wolf by Serge Prokofiev, at 10:30 a.m. Oct 13. The orchestra will also present a concert and workshop for advanced students at noon Oct. 13. Tickets for the children's concert are $7; advance concert workshop tickets are $9.
• Yoga for Kids, 11:15 to 12:15 a.m. Saturday at the Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Sliver of Sunshine State Book Club, 5 to 5:45 p.m. Sept. 15 at the South Holiday Branch, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. Enjoy snacks and refreshments discussing a different Sunshine State Reader. Grades 4 to 7.
For a schedule of events at all Pasco County library branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information about events at the New Port Richey public library, go to pascolibraries.org.
• Pasco-Hernando State College will hold College Night over two days for prospective students. The event will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Dade City Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, and from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at the New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Representatives from PHSC and many public and private colleges, universities, other educational institutions and the military will participate. There will be information about admissions, financial aid and programs for post-secondary study. High school students, their parents and prospective students of all ages are encouraged to attend. College Night is free and open to the public.
• Saint Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, Saint Leo, is resuming its Math Circle, a free community outreach program for children in grades 4 to 8. Participants work weekly with Saint Leo math and science faculty on fun, hands-on activities that encourage interest in math. Meetings will be from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in Lewis Hall, Room 305. The end date for this semester will be Dec. 1. For information, contact Monika Kiss at (352) 588-8836 or send email to email@example.com.
• Belle of the Ball Project will provide homecoming dresses and accessories to low-income high school girls on four upcoming Saturdays. The times will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sept. 10, Sept. 24, Oct. 8 and Oct. 22 at 1210 Holt Ave., Clearwater.
The charity, now in its second decade, welcomes all financially needy girls, regardless of where they live. More than 250 girls from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando and Polk counties received dresses last prom season. No referral letter is necessary. No appointment is needed. A $1 to $5 donation is requested, but not required.
Donations of dresses and accessories can also be made at the site on the dates and times listed above. For 46 other convenient year-round donation sites, including all Sun Country Cleaners locations, and for more information about Belle of the Ball Project, call (727) 386-4502 or go to belleoftheballproject.com or on Facebook at Tampa Bay Area Belle of the Ball.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org