Progress reports are distributed today.
• Saint Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo, is resuming its Math Circle, a free community outreach program for children in grades 4 to 8. Participants work weekly with Saint Leo math and science faculty on fun, hands-on activities that encourage interest in math. Meetings will be from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday in Lewis Hall, Room 305. The end date for this semester will be Dec. 1. For information, contact Monika Kiss at (352) 588-8836 or send email to email@example.com.
• Belle of the Ball Project will provide homecoming dresses and accessories to low-income high school girls. The times will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 24, Oct. 8 and Oct. 22 at 1210 Holt Ave., Clearwater.
The charity, now in its second decade, welcomes all financially needy girls, regardless of where they live. More than 250 girls from Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando and Polk counties received dresses last prom season. No referral letter is necessary. No appointment is needed. A $1 to $5 donation is requested, but not required.
Donations of dresses and accessories can also be made at the site on the dates and times listed above. For 46 other convenient year-round donation sites, including all Sun Country Cleaners locations, and for more information about Belle of the Ball Project, call (727) 386-4502 or go to belleoftheballproject.com or on Facebook at Tampa Bay Area Belle of the Ball.
• Rodney B. Cox Elementary, 37615 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dade City, will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the school with two celebrations. The first event will be at 9 a.m. Sept. 30 in front of the school, followed by light refreshments for guests in the new cafeteria. A second event, featuring a dinner fundraiser and memory walk, will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the school. For information, call Mary Jordan Anstead at (352) 524-5105.
• RPG Gaming, 11 a.m. Saturday at the New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel. Role playing game for grades 6 and above.
• Post-It Note Art, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 21 at the Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. Make superhero pictures out of Post-It notes to decorate the Teen Room at the library. Grades 6 to 12.
• Messy Art Club, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 21 at the New Port Richey, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. This ongoing event is held the third Wednesday of each month. For ages 5 through 12.
For a schedule of events at all Pasco County library branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information about events at the New Port Richey public library, go to pascolibraries.org.
• Selena Turcios, agriscience teacher at Hudson High School, recently completed the 14th annual DuPont National Agriscience Teachers Ambassador Academy at the Iowa FFA Enrichment Center on the campus of Des Moines Area Community College in Des Moines, Iowa. Upon completing the program, Turcios became an agriscience ambassador, joining 345 other agriscience teachers from across the country who have earned the designation. The National Agriscience Teacher Ambassador Academy is a professional development institute sponsored by DuPont and managed by the National Association of Agricultural Educators. Turcios joined other top-ranked agriscience teachers selected to engage in inquiry-based activities and explore state-of-the-art teaching concepts.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org