• Nov. 18: Progress reports.
• Nov. 19-27: Thanksgiving break.
The Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• District Thespian One-Act Festival, 8 a.m. Nov. 12.
• River Ridge Middle Thespian Showcase, 7 p.m. Nov. 18. $5.
• Fox Hollow Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 29.
• Mitchell High concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 30.
• Tickets are on sale for The Nutcracker, presented by Dance Extreme and the CFA, at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 and 2 p.m. Dec. 18. $15.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel (813) 794-8772 or centerfortheartswesleychapel.com.
• Denham Oaks Elementary musical, 7 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Connerton Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 16.
• New River Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 29.
• Sunlake High concert, 7 p.m. Nov. 30.
• Library Lab Rats, 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. Nov. 16 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Discover the world of science through fun experiments and activities. For upper elementary and middle school students.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 17 at New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. Get volunteer hours for scholarships and school clubs by attending the Teen Advisory Board meetings. Members help to plan and run teen library programs. For grades 6 to 12.
For a schedule of events at all library branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information about events at the New Port Richey public library, go to nprlibrary.org.
• The Land O'Lakes High School International Baccalaureate Program is hosting community information nights for prospective applicants seeking ninth-grade admission in the 2016-2017 school year. The program serves students whose legal addresses are zoned for Land O'Lakes, Sunlake, Wiregrass Ranch, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills and Pasco high schools. Parents and guardians of current eighth-grade public, charter and private school students are invited, as are families of students in other grades wanting to learn about the program.
Sessions to be offered include: Nov. 14 — 6:30 to 8 p.m. at John Long Middle, 2025 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel; Nov. 17 — 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Weightman Middle, 30649 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. For information, or to access an online application, go to lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/?page id=82 or contact Jeff Morgenstein at (813) 794-9429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The mathematics and science department at Saint Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, Saint Leo, will host the American Mathematics Competition 8 for students in grades 6 to 8. The competition is free and encourages an interest in problem-solving skills through a 25-question multiple-choice test given in a 40-minute time period. The test comes from the Mathematical Association of America. The local competition at will be at 6 p.m. Nov. 15 in TECO Hall, on the first floor of the School of Business building. Parking is available in surface lots and in the campus garage. For information, contact Monika Kiss at (352) 588-8836 or email@example.com.
• Eight Pasco County Schools administrators recently joined colleagues from 11 Florida school districts to complete the National Institute for School Leadership's Executive Development Program as part of a multi-state effort to increase school leader effectiveness and improve student learning.
The following principals and district administrators completed the leadership development program: Terry Aunchman, director of career and technical education; Rachel Boehmer, assistant principal at Rushe Middle School; Brandon Bracciale, principal at Weightman Middle School; Adam Kennedy, principal at Crews Lake Middle School; Rayann Mitchell, director of teaching and learning; Joe Musselman, principal at Hudson Middle School; Tom Osmun, supervisor in staff development and educator support, and Suzanne St. Clair, supervisor in accountability, research and measurement.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.